Virtual Drum Machine
Boom is an analog drum machine emulator which includes a diverse collection of 10 different classic electronic drum kits. Boom offers variations on the classic 808 and 909 kits, more aggressive Dance and Urban-style kits and a powerful retro style kit.
Boom features a slick modern interface that pays homage to the most popular vintage drum machines of the past.
Boom is a Virtual Drum Machine.
Boom has been used on many famous projects since its launch, ranging from hit albums, feature films and radio projects.
Boom is now available on its own by popular demand, available to anyone who demands instant creativity in AU/VST formats.
Boom includes a diverse collection of 10 different classic electronic drum kits, offering variations on the classic 808 and 909 kits, more aggressive Dance and Urban-style kits and a powerful retro style kit modeled on the concept of a ‘CR78 merged with a 606’.
Each one has been created with great attention to detail and provides serious sonic impact.
Each kit contains 10 different drums, and you can adjust the panning, volume, tuning and decay of each drum within a kit.
Each drum channel also contains a special tuning screw that can be turned to make a sonic adjustment, specific to a particular drum. This tweaking ability provides for nearly limitless possibilities with a user-friendly interface.
You can mix and match drums from different kits to make your own custom kit, and the drum sounds can be triggered individually via standard MIDI pitch mappings.
For instant inspiration, over 50 presets are included cover contemporary, classic electronic/urban musical genres.
Boom also has an on-board sequencer that enables you to create and trigger your own patterns, which can be saved and recalled as presets.
You can select different patterns using the keys along the bottom of the interface, when you’re in Pattern Select mode, and these are conveniently color ‘coded to show you how they map to a MIDI keyboard from middle ‘C’ upwards for remote selection.
The Matrix display in the top left enables you to program a pattern, but if you prefer you can also use the keys along the bottom, this time with Pattern Edit mode selected.
You’ll find some nice touches, such as the ability to copy one pattern to another, and some simple controls for adjusting the way in which the pattern plays back within your host: normal, double, half or triplet time, and there’s even a swing control mirroring classic MPC’s and other vintage drum machines/samplers.
- Compatible with AU and VST only. (AAX version available in AIR Creative Collection)
- PC: Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Minimum Dual Core 2GHz (Intel Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.8 – macOS 10.12 Monterey; Core Duo Processor (Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH M1 CHIPS
- Minimum RAM 1GB (2GB or more Recommended)
- 1GB free hard drive space (Download and Installation)
- A 64-bit compatible host application*
- Internet access (Download and Authorization)
- PC: VST64 is qualified for Cubase 6 (64-bit) and Ableton Live 9 (64-bit).
- Mac: VST64 is qualified for Cubase 6 (64-bit) and Ableton Live 9 (64-bit). AU64 is qualified for Logic Pro X (64-bit).
- iLok optional.