Whirl is a plugin for creating “barber-pole” phaser effects – with spectrum sweeps that go upwards or downwards in a seemingly endless fashion.
It includes two distinctly different modes: first is a classic phaser based on the Bode frequency shifter that creates dramatic, wide-range spectrum swirls.
Second mode is our unique development: a barber-pole all-pass phaser which uses three sound layers coupled with six modulation oscillators, producing a much more full-bodied effect with distinct resonant peaks.
Both phasers in Whirl employ “through-zero frequency” modulation design for silky smooth transition between upwards and downwards sweeps, plus they can have negative feedback for a more unusual, artificial character.
As always with a Sinevibes product, Whirl has a carefully crafted, clean and intuitive user interface. It features color-coded graphics for consistency with other plugins in our collection and well-calibrated contrast for optimal visibility in most lighting conditions.
The interface supports retina resolution and also uses GPU-accelerated rendering, never impairing audio processing.
- Barber-pole Bode phaser with positive/negative feedback.
- Barber-pole all-pass phaser with 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 stages, positive/negative feedback.
- Through-zero frequency modulation design for seamless transitions between upwards and downwards spectrum sweeps.
- Variable modulation phase offset for stereo widening or full spectrum inversion between the channels.
- Color-coded graphics with subtle animations.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.