Powerful Dynamic Processor
Presswerk is designed to be a powerful dynamics processor rich with musical soul. An easy-to-use interface and a rich feature set give you hands on control to all the details of your sound.
Presswerk is designed to be a powerful dynamics processor rich with musical soul.
An easy-to-use interface and a rich feature set give you hands on control to all the details of your sound. Presswerk is more than a copycat of other hardware compressors, it blends the warmth of classic hardware models with many modern touches.
Presswerk has all the features you expect in a Compressor:
- Sidechain ready. Create more space in your mixes with ducking or get creative with keying / pumping effects.
- Adjustable compression curve and envelope. Find the best settings to get the most out of your audio with the soft knee, compression ratio, attack and release and other settings.
- Loud. Yes, Presswerk is more than capable of making your tracks louder. We didn’t use the German word for pressing plant for no reason.
- Soft clip. Roll off those harsh peaks and avoid distortion when your output levels get too high.
Plus, we have added some options to enhance Presswerk’s capabilities:
- M/S mode. More detailed stereo signal processing
- DPR (Dual Phase Rotation) mode. This is an emulation of classic outboard gear phase response. Use this to smooth out some of the harshness of digital recordings to create a more analogue style softer / rounder sound.
- Saturation. This is where Presswerk shines – adding colour and character to your audio. Saturation can give subtle warmth and tame some of the transients, or turn it up to create tape overdrive like effects.
- Internal parallel compression. The Mix controls let you blend the compressed uncompressed signal together. This is helpful in creating a more natural sounding result.
- Variable detection topologies.
With Presswerk you can select from three different detection modes: FF (Feed-forward), FB (Feed-back) and INT (Interactive). Each one is a different style of Compression:
- Feed-forward is a modern style and tends to be precise, almost surgical in the input tracking.
- Feed-back is a more musical and loose sounding and is common to classic hardware.
- Interactive is a mix of FF and FB modes. The signal is continuously analyzed and Presswerk blends the two modes according to the type of signal.
Compression has become an essential part of the studio – whether you are gently applying it to glue various parts together, or add some colouration and tone or adding loudness in the final mixdown of a track. Presswerk was created to fit into any workflow, no matter what task you throw at it – and do so with the style, attention to detail and sound quality you expect from u-he.
- Current PC or intel Mac
- Multicore CPU with SSE2
(Sandy Bridge architecture or newer recommended)
- Mac OSX 10.5 or newer
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 30MB free disc space
- display 1000x600px and up
- OSX: VST2 or AU compatible host software
- Windows: VST2 compatible host software
- Supports 32bit and 64bit in all formats
- NEW: AAX support for Pro Tools 10 & 11