Powerful Cinematic Underscore Kits for Kontakt
350 Powerful Cinematic Underscore Kits. Truly unique and inspiring sounds right out of the box. Sore is a state-of-the-art cinematic loop module for Kontakt containing 350 different kits that can be played in tandem across four categories (Bass, Melody, Ambience and Groove).
350 Powerful Cinematic Underscore Kits
Truly unique and inspiring sounds right out of the box.
Important Note: The Full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.8.1 or above required to run this software.
Sore is a state-of-the-art cinematic loop module for Kontakt containing 350 different kits that can be played in tandem across four categories (Bass, Melody, Ambience and Groove).
These kits are built using the included 1,300 (unencrypted) 24-bit WAV files. All loops can be played polyphonically, time-stretched within a range of two octaves (24 semitones).
Each part has its own colour-coded range on the keyboard. You can alternatively play the loops sliced using the “Slice” button in the sequencer pages.
There are special MIDI trigger keys/notes that enable you to retrigger a currently playing slice (when a sequencer is turned on) or to trigger a volume “trance gate” per part.
The Mix Page
From here you can mix and match the individual loops (parts) – the top LCD shows the current kit or simply “—USER—” if you’ve modified the kit (loaded a different loop).
You have 4 LC-displays that show the current (loaded) loop. From there you can select different loops or let SORE choose new ones by clicking on the “R” buttons (randomize). When you press Shift and Alt/Option on the first randomize button on the mix page (Bass section), then that will also alter the sequencer state randomly (on or off) and choose a random sequencer preset for all four parts.
The Solo buttons can be used to solo parts. Clicking any Solo button with Control/Command or Shift will deactivate any active solo.
For almost all controls you can press Alt/Option and adjust the value for all parts at once (It´s always stated in Kontakt’s information window). Control/Command will reset values. Shift is for fine-tuning.
The Space knobs set the amount of convolution reverb for the selected part (The “Space” toggle button must be enabled in the FX page).
The FX buttons can be used to enable or disable FX sections for the parts. The SEQ buttons will enable/disable the per-part sequencer.
The Edit Page
The Edit page lets you set up parameters for each of the four parts. Sore features per-part loop speed control (half, normal, double speed and freeze).
You got a filter modifier with cutoff and resonance, amplifier and filter envelope control, modwheel mapping (volume, lowpass or highpass filter cutoff), pitch bend range as well as a solid bus compressor, tape-saturation, a lowcut and a stereo width adjustment.
The FX Page
Sore comes with a comprehensive onboard FX section. Besides the basic bread-and-butter effects like auto-pan, flanger and delay, you also got some more interesting effects:
The Step Filter is a tempo-synced bandpass filter that randomly changes it’s cutoff. The Amount controls the strength of the cutoff sweeps. The Step Gate is a classical volume “trance gate”. In the middle are on/off toggle buttons for the various effect sections. To the right is a preset menu with 32 presets and a randomize button that chooses one randomly.
The Space Reverb comes with 60 impulse responses that you can choose via the dropdown menu.
The Seq Page
Perhaps the most interesting thing in Sore. Each part has a 2 x 32 step sequencer that lets you not only control the sample offset per part but also the loop offset. So basically it loads 32 loops per part into the RAM and then you can offset which one to play. (Which delivers really interesting results in no time!).
Furthermore, each part has 32 presets (together with the famous “R” button), a rate control (1/2 , 1/4, 1/8 , 1/16), start step and end step offset knobs + a Slice and a Gate button:
- Gate button: If the current step in the first (sample offset) sequencer is 0 it won´t play the loop at this moment. (Required for some presets.)
- Slice button: Let´s you play the first 24 slices on the keyboard of the selected loop chromatically. (“AKAI-Style”).
It will then use the default pitch, that you can still change using the Semi knobs on the mix page.
On top of that, you can even record your own pattern data using the pattern recording buttons for either sample offset (SO) or loop offset (LO).
350 preset kits that guarantee instant inspiration. If that’s not enough you can use the randomization features of Sore to generate endless “new” kits.
- Based on the powerful CINEMATRIX engine (14k+ lines of script code)
- Instantly useable and inspiring sounds right at your fingertips
- Fast preset kit browsing utilizing Kontakt’s snapshot feature
- Comprehensive effects section with 4x convolution reverb
- Central mixing section with 2x parametric EQ per part
- Per-part step sequencer with sample and loop offset
- Awesome editing and sound-shaping capabilities
- Unencrypted WAV loops – ready for any DAW
- Mix and match loops for endless possibilities
- Polyphonic time-stretching, MIDI hotkeys
- 1,300 24-bit host-synced loops (3.2GB)
- Separate edit, fx and sequencer pages
- Intelligent randomization
- Fully automatable
- 100% royalty-free
- 350 preset kits
- The full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.8.1 or above is required to run this software.
- This software will not function in full within the FREE Kontakt Player engine and will only be available in DEMO mode.