Marquee Chaotic Polysynth
Generate is a marquee polysynth combining five revolutionary chaotic oscillators with all the features you’d expect in a first-class synthesizer. Create beautifully complex pads, warm moving keys, jittery sequenced basses, out-of-control leads, and 'oh my God' textures.
Marquee Chaotic Polysynth
Take Chaos to the next level with Generate. Developed by Newfangled Audio, Generate is a marquee polysynth combining five revolutionary chaotic oscillators with all the features you’d expect in a first-class synthesizer. Create beautifully complex pads, warm moving keys, jittery sequenced basses, out-of-control leads, and ‘oh my God’ textures.
- Novel chaotic oscillator has 5 types: Double Pendulum, Vortex, Pulsar, Discharge, and Turbine.
- Wavefolders based on the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, Fractals, and a special Animated Equation.
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE.
- Modulate all controls with MIDI/MPE, two Envelopes, two LFOs, Sample and Hold/Random, and a Step Sequencer.
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 377 simultaneous modulation routings.
- Innovative EQ, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, and Limiter effects to turn the sounds into magic.
- MPE support allows amazing control from expressive controllers.
- All mod sources have multiple outputs generated at once, as a modular synth should.
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 551 modulation routes in an intuitive single pane.
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input and modulation.
- Three unique colour schemes to customize your look.
- Over 450 Presets, including many renowned artists.
Create the Chaos
Generate is based on a set of chaotic generators. What initially looks like randomness contains underlying patterns, interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization.
Each of Generate’s 5 chaotic generators brings out these underlying patterns and create an oscillator that can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between. The musical textures created include distortion, harmonics, grunge, static, and noise. All of which can be predictably or unpredictably modulated.
Control the Chaos
Generate’s chaotic generators are routed through your choice of a Buchla wavefolder, or novel Animated or Fractal wavefolders, each adding unique overtones. Followed by a low pass gate inspired by the ideas of Don Buchla. These modules combine to create a versatile and musical voice with its own unique flavour.
Modulate the Chaos
Every parameter in Generate’s voice can be modulated by a combination of two Envelope Generators, two LFOs, a Sample and Hold/Random generator, an 8 Step Sequencer, and MIDI and MPE sources. The innovative modulation interface allows you to easily and quickly patch any combination of sources to any destination, creating sounds that move, and which move you.
Effect the Chaos
Generate’s voice is followed by an unparalleled EQ, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, and Limiter, all to launch your chaotic sounds into outer space or right into your listener’s faces.
Over 450 Presets Including Artists:
- Chris Tabron (Beyoncé, The Strokes, Die Antwoord)
- Count (Radiohead, Tycho, DJ Shadow, Zoe Keating)
- Chris Carter (Throbbing Gristle, Chris and Cosey)
- Matt Lange (deadmau5, BT, Mau5trap, Ajunabeats)
- Adam Schatz (Landlady)
- Anthony Baldino (Interstellar, Ex-Machina, Avengers: Infinity War)
- Laurie Spiegel (Composer, The Hunger Games, has music in space!)
- Jacob Shea (Planet Earth, Inception, Battleship)
- Matthew Simms (Wire, It Hugs Back)
- Sebastian Arocha Morton (ROCASound, Iron Man 2)
- Jacob Bergson (Nerve, Rubblebucket, taut)
- Matthew Wang (Zooey’s Extraordinary Playlist, Centigrade)
- So Wylie (Gimlet, Mogul, The Habitat)
- Kasson Crooker (Symbion Project, FreQuency, Amplitude)
- Windows 8 and later (32 / 64bit)
- AAX, VST2, VST3 (32 / 64-bit)
- macOS 10.9 and later (64-bit only) (macOS 11 Big Sur only supported on Intel-based Mac systems)
- AAX, AU, VST2, VST3 (64-bit)
- Eventide tests their desktop plugins in Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Studio One (However, our plugins should work with any compatible host.)
- New 32-bit macOS installers are no longer being made for this product.
- No iLok dongle is required to run this software – only a FREE iLok account/Manager is required for authorisation.
- macOS 11 Big Sur is only supported on Intel-based Mac systems.