Cyclical Motion Flanger Plugin
Create weirdly cyclic motion in your sound with Flanger. It's similar to a sweeping comb filter. This plugin helps create a flanging effect by mixing the audio with a slightly delayed version of itself.
Create weirdly cyclic motion in your sound with Flanger. It’s sort of similar to a sweeping comb filter.
Creates a flanging effect by mixing the audio with a slightly delayed version of itself. The length of the delay can be adjusted manually and modulated.
Optionally, this effect can also add a phase shift between the dry and wet signals to create an infinte barberpole-style flanging effect upwards or downwards.
- Delay: Adjusts the minimum delay.
- Depth: Depth of delay modulation. Added on top of the minimum delay set by the delay knob.
- Rate: Rate of delay modulation.
- Scroll: Enables the phase offset and motion functions of the effect.
- Offset: Phase offset between dry and wet signals.
- Motion: Rate of modulation for the phase offset.
- Spread: Stereo spread between left and right channels. Affects delay modulation and phase offset.
- Feedback: Feedback of the wet signal back into the delay line.
- Mix: The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Settings panel: Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin there is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets. It also has a “randomize” button that can be useful. I guess…
- Enabled checkbox: The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle: The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Flanger as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.)
Flanger is a snapin
Kilohearts plugins work great together, and all the snapins can work double duty as modular components inside our snapin hosts. There are several different hosts that allow you to apply any number of snapins in various contexts, like to each individual band in the band-splitter Multipass, or add your full effects chain right inside the preset of the synth Phase Plant.
These are the minimum recommended system requirements for running snapins.
- 2 GHz or faster
- 1 GB or more
- Windows (7 or newer) or Mac OS X (10.7 or newer)
- A VST / Audio Unit / AAX compatible DAW
Please note: If you use a lot of snapins at the same time in your patch the CPU usage willincrease accordingly. Thus, we cannot guarantee that the snapins will work flawlessly in all use cases even if your system does meet the minimum recommended system requirements.