Custom Vocal Presets in Seconds
Give your vocal mixing workflow a refresh with the new vocal production tools and mixing plug-ins in Nectar 3. Learn about features like Vocal Assistant, Unmask, and Melodyne 5 essential.
CLEAR, PROFESSIONAL VOCALS
Get your vocals to sit in the mix with the most sophisticated set of tools designed for vocal production.
Vocal Assistant – Custom vocal presets in seconds
One of the most challenging aspects of vocal mixing is tailoring your channel strip to the style and abilities of your vocalist.
Vocal Assistant makes this easier than ever by analyzing the content of your vocal performance and generating an effects preset form-fitted to the nuances of your singer and your music.
FEATURE: Vocal Unmasking
Through inter-plugin communication, Vocal Assistant Unmask will help place your vocal at the forefront of the mix, moving other competing mix elements out of the way automatically.
MEET THE NECTAR 3 MODULES
- Equalizer – Two 24-band EQs come equipped with Dynamic and Follow modes for adaptive tone crafting.
- Pitch – Get transparent or extreme pitch correction and color to taste with an array of creative parameters.
- Dimension – Dimension includes chorus, flanger, and phaser effects to add movement and depth to your vocal.
- Harmony – Add up to four additional voices and stack your harmonies to fit your vocal performance’s register.
- Compressor – Two compression modules ensure dynamic balance and add unique character to your vocals.
- Reverb – Add natural space for a subtle “halo” effect or dial in a gigantic wash of reverb with intuitive controls.
- De-esser – Tame sibilant vocal sounds in seconds with Nectar’s new De-esser module.
- MGMT Artist Presets – Get a free Nectar 3 vocal mixing preset pack designed by MGMT’s Ben Goldwasser of GRAMMY-nominated rock band MGMT.
Nectar 3 includes two new 24-band Dynamic EQs form-fit to the unique needs of vocals. Transparent and clear, the Dynamic EQs serve both corrective and creative applications with adaptive nodes for frequency sculpting and pitch tracking. The new Follow EQ mode allows direct, dynamic tracking of pitch, eliminating the need for manual editing of individual resonant frequencies and harmonics for active shaping of timbre and tone.
Nectar 3’s Pitch module offers accurate, transparent pitch correction as the first stage of processing in your vocal chain. Automatically detect the pitch register and fix out of tune vocal performances quickly with intelligent key detection powered by Vocal Assistant. Adjust the strength and speed of the correction to dial in subtle correction, or that unique “tuned” sound. When paired with the included Melodyne 4 essential, you’ll be able to get precisely the sound you’re looking for without going through dozens of takes.
The new Dimension module adds options for creative effects beyond traditional EQ, compression, and reverb. The three effect modes, Flanger, Phaser, and Chorus, allow for a range of subtle to wacky vocal sounds and are useful in a variety of different music genres, from metal to hip hop and everything in between.
Nectar 3’s built-in harmonizer can be used to automatically build vocal unisons and harmonies, by creating and layering copies of your vocal track. You can add up to eight voices, snap them into scale, or control your harmonizations using a MIDI controller. The Harmony module is a vocal producer’s dream, giving you the power to create massive layered choirs and backing vocals, or add classic doubling or tripling vocal effects.
Keep your dynamic range under control, maintain consistent levels, and shape the character and tone of your vocal with Nectar 3’s two compressor modules. An essential component in any vocal chain, the compressors in Nectar 3 are controlled with an innovative new UI that lets you interact directly with the dynamic contour of your vocal. With the smoother metering experience combined with intuitive controls, you’ll spend less time thinking about settings and more time getting creative.
Modeled after the classic EMT™ 140ST Stereo Plate Reverb, Nectar 3’s Reverb module adds natural space and character to your vocal. Use Reverb to dial in a subtle “halo” effect that helps your vocal breath while maintaining clarity and punch in your mix, or crank the knobs and send your mix into the stratosphere with long reflections and pre-delay.
Nectar’s beautiful De-esser module can transparently tame loud sibilant sounds (“esses”) in your vocal track, without stepping on the natural performance. With an elegant interface that lets you adjust the threshold and detection filter directly on the spectrogram, you’ll barely have to think about finding the perfect settings. You can even let Vocal Assistant automatically detect sibilance and set the correct amount of reduction automatically.
MGMT Artist Preset Pack
This hand-crafted collection from MGMT’s Ben Goldwater taps into the sonic character of Nectar 3’s latest and greatest vocal processing to inspire your next psychedelic adventure.
MGMT’s Ben Goldwater conveys the sound of a generation before digital recording with this set of spaced-out, unpredictable, and beautifully designed presets for Nectar 3. This hand-crafted collection taps into the sonic character of Nectar 3’s latest and greatest vocal processing to inspire your next psychedelic adventure.
Adjust the gain, pan, and width of any track in your session while gaining access to powerful functions like Vocal Assistant and Neutron 3’s Mix Assistant.
On the surface, Relay is a low-CPU-overhead utility that lets you adjust your tracks’ gain, pan, stereo image, and filter parameters on the fly. When used in conjunction with other IPC-enabled iZotope plug-ins, it becomes your gateway to numerous automated processes designed to streamline your audio workflow. Relay enables tracks containing Neutron 3, Nectar 3, or VocalSynth 2 plug-ins to interact with one another for automatic mixing, unmasking, and more.
- Mix all of your tracks in a visual space with Neutron 3’s Visual Mixer: With Relay on your tracks or busses, you can open Visual Mixer and adjust pan, gain, and width directly within the Visual Mixer plug-in, included with Neutron 3 Advanced.
- Measure Intelligibility with Insight 2’s Intelligibility Meter: Using this brand new meter in Insight 2, measure the relative intelligibility of your vocal and visualize how clearly it will be heard in different types of listening environments.
- Remove masking from your vocal with Nectar 3: Relay communicates with Nectar 3’s Unmask mode and provides automatic processing to remove masking frequencies from your vocal track. Learn more about it here.
- Visualize the spectrum of different tracks against your entire mix with Insight 2’s Spectrogram: Insight 2 will communicate with individual instances of Relay and display them on your spectrogram, with customizable colors.
With Relay on all your tracks, you can use Mix Assistant (available in Neutron 3 Advanced) to automatically set an initial level balance in your session.
►PLUGIN: Melodyne 5 essential & RX Breath Control
Nectar 3 also offers the power of Celemony’s industry-standard pitch correction, along with RX’s world-class breath removal. Achieve the cleanest vocal recordings you’ve ever produced.
Melodyne 5 essential adds surgical, intuitive, and truly transparent pitch adjustment capabilities that are an industry standard in professional studios around the world.
Melodyne provides a perfect compliment to Nectar 3, allowing you to shape the intended performance of a vocal and make important corrections in the early stages of the signal chain.
- Interact directly with your vocal notes on a grid; simply drag vertically to correct pitch, or horizontally to adjust timing. Restructure your vocal performance or create something entirely new.
- Automatically lock your vocals into key, or quantize them in time, with the Pitch Drift, Pitch Center, and Quantize macros.
- Edit monophonic sound sources (lead vocals, saxophone, bass, flute, etc.) as well as rhythmic or unpitched audio material (such as drum loops, percussion, ambient sounds and noise).
Mac: OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) Pro Tools 10 only; OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)–macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Windows: Windows 7 (Latest Service Packs)–Windows 10
AU (32 & 64–bit), AAX (64–bit, real-time), AAX-AS (64–bit, Audiosuite). RTAS (32–bit, real-time), DPM-AS (32–bit, Audiosuite), VST2 (32 & 64–bit), VST3 (32 & 64–bit)
Ableton Live 9 – 10.1, Cubase 9.5 – 10, Digital Performer 9, FL Studio 20, Logic Pro X, Nuendo 8, Pro Tools 10 – 2019, Reaper 5, Reason 10, Studio One 3 – 4, Audition CC 2018, Premiere Pro CC 2018
Melodyne 5 essential
Mac: Intel Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), macOS 10.6.8 and 10.11.x to 10.13
Windows OS: Intel or AMD Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 (64-bit recommended), ASIO-compatible audio hardware
Activation: Computer-based or iLok USB dongle (2nd or 3rd generation), Melodyne 4 essential only computer-based. Internet access is required for activation