Sample-Based Virtual Synth
Discover sounds with Iris 2, iZotope's playable sample-based instrument. Access the power of a sampler and the flexibility of a modular synth. With global effects modules and individual filtering for each voice, Iris 2 gives you the creativity to make music that is truly your own.
Comprehensive, intuitive sound design control.
Iris 2 creates unique synth textures using samples and/or oscillator-generated sounds—up to four of either.
With global effects modules and individual filtering and envelope controls for each voice, Iris 2 gives you the tonal creativity to make music that is truly your own.
Iris 2’s Spectrogram not only displays the spectral makeup of your sample but also offers an array of sophisticated editing tools for easily manipulating your sample within the Spectrogram itself.
Five LFOs and Envelopes can be mapped to virtually any parameter within Iris 2, giving you the ability to shape the attack, duration, and tail of your synth sounds—plus much more!
Polish your sound with voice-specific or global creative effects. Use Send FX to process each sample individually, or apply Master FX to affect the entire patch for added character.
Meet the Iris 2 Effects and Filters:
- Distortion: Add grit and saturation to your sound with six distortion filters like Tube, Clipping, and Aliasing, taken straight from iZotope’s award-winning Trash 2.
- Chorus: Supply a subtle widening or radical flanging with a spacious chorus effect, inspired by a classic ’80s synth chorus with modern flexibility and controls.
- Stereo Delay: Enjoy lush, crystal-clean decays with a tempo-syncable stereo delay. A bonus analog-modeled overdrive algorithm crunches and darkens your delayed signal like a classic tape echo or bucket-brigade pedal.
- Reverb: Expand your sense of space with a meticulously modeled Plate Reverb tailored specifically for synths, great for everything from subtle ambience to cavernous pads.
- Filters: Add a smooth, sweeping sound with 17 different filter ﬂavors, including classic analog Low-Pass and High-Pass filters as well as exotic Vocal Formant, Band Pass, and Peak filters from Trash 2.
Expansion Libraries – Seven free sample and patch banks for creative sound design
- Abstract: Evocative, experimental tones and textures
- Environments: Sounds generated by common surroundings and devices
- Instruments: Comprehensive collection of classical, contemporary, and world instruments
- Objects: Samples captured from everyday items, perfect for foley and sound effects
- Synthesizers: Versatile patches modeled after timeless hardware synths
- Toys: Whimsical, library of curious toy and game sounds
- Voice: Vocally-generated samples for choral pads and ambience
- Mac: OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion–macOS 10.15 Catalina
- PC: Win XP (32–bit Service Pack 3)–Win 10
- AAX (64–bit), AU
- RTAS (32–bit)
- Ableton Live 9–10
- Cubase 9.5
- Digital Performer 9
- FL Studio 12
- Logic Pro X
- Nuendo 8
- Pro Tools 10–12
- Reaper 5
- Reason 10
- Studio One 3–4