Phase Alignment/Mic Blending Plugin
faGuitarAlign is an Automatic Phase Alignment / Mic Blending Plugin. faGuitarAlign will radically reduce your workload when recording electric guitars, basses and basically everything with strings attached to it!
faGuitarAlign – Automatic Phase Alignment / Mic Blending Plugin
faGuitarAlign will radically reduce your workload when recording electric guitars, basses and basically everything with strings attached to it!
Its revolutionary X/Y Pad lets you quickly find the right sweet spot between the correct phase and the mix of your different tracks resulting in a perfect blend of both!
And to make this task even more smoothly it also has an automatic alignment feature which accurately finds the right phase offset for you!
With this reliable tool you’ll be able to save a huge amount of your valuable recording and mixing time you can now spend with exciting tasks! And you’ll be able to quickly achieve a coherence and depth in your mix you may never experienced before!
- Sub-sample accurate Automatic Phase Alignment within a few seconds
- Revolutionary phase alignment / mic blending via X/Y Pad
- Suitable for close mics and room mics (max. distance range of 50 m / 160 ft)
- Phase density scope for visual feedback of the current phase relation
- Dedicated especially for guitar & bass but also suitable for a variety of other alignment tasks
- 3 mic blend modes: Full, Logarithm, Linear
- Stereo enhancement / widening tool
- Phase alignment with sub-sample precision
- A/B comparisons
- Mic distances available in meter and foot
- Supports Sample-rates between 44.100 – 192.000 Hz
- Scalable GUI suitable for small resolutions up to 4k monitors
- Full Unicode support for Western languages, Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc.
Inspire your creativity
faGuitarAlign is carefully optimized for every kind of recording involving one sound source and multiple microphones and / or DI tracks. We have a lot of people using it creatively for recordings with fiddle, cello, double bass, piano or even choir tracks. It’s creative design will inspire you to go beyond the known possibilities of any other alignment tool.
The plugin is designed to be used on a stereo bus with the source tracks routed and panned correctly to it or optionally routed through the side-chain input. It’ll then phase align and blend both together and output it either in mono (standard) or with a stereo width of your choice.
You can even enhance the original stereo width up to 200% to get a wider image of the instrument.
The Plug-in is designed to be used as a stereo Plug-in on a stereo bus (Aux) only. The two mono input tracks can be routed to this stereo bus and should be panned hard left (Input 1) and hard right (Input 2). Alternatively it’s also possible to route one input through the Plug-ins Sidechain.
The Plug-in itself is only suitable for blending two inputs. It’s also possible to cascade this sort of routing you’ ve seen above to blend several tracks together. In order to do that you would add a new stereo bus, insert another instance of faGuitarAlign and assign the output of the first faGuitarAlign left panned to the new bus and assign the third input right panned to it. With this cascading principle its possible to use an almost infinite number of input tracks and Plug-in instances.
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista
- VST2 or VST3 host
- Mac OS X 10.10 or higher
- VST2, VST3 or AU host
- Intel processor based Mac
Currently unsupported DAWs:
- Harrison Mixbus
- Tracktion Waveform