Tonal/Transient Audio Splitter + Special FX
Radically re-shape a sound by soloing the Tonal and Transient channels. Split, modify and reassemble any sound. The Ultimate Creative Tool
The Ultimate Creative Tool
Physion is the first plug-in to use our ground-breaking Structural Effects technology — A new method for processing audio. With Physion, you can split a sound into its transient and tonal parts, independently manipulate them using Eventide’s world-class effects and then fuse them back together. With the ability to add effects and dynamic controls to the transient and tonal sections, you can produce a wide range of sounds, from the subtle to the extreme.
Sound Design: Physion is a versatile tool for sound designers. Splitting and manipulating audio allow you to create and explore sounds never heard before. Remove transients from pianos or guitars to create bowed sounds, or go even further by adding extreme effects to the independent channels.
Drum Tuning: Physion allows you to easily re-tune a drum without affecting the transient. Delay the cracking transient of a rimshot while leaving the tonal ring as-is. Solo out the transients to tighten up a sound and add some compression to tighten further.
Articulation: Physion’s structural split can be used to modify vocals in subtle or drastic ways. Emphasize or reduce sibilance, add or remove resonance, or turn robust vocals into whispers.
Transient Shaping: Physion is not a traditional transient shaper — it’s a transient separator. It goes beyond what has been possible by allowing you to surgically tune the transient and tonal response independently.
Audio Restoration: Remove any unwanted tonal ring and hiss, or just reduce it with compression/expansion. Beef up the transients from old instrumental recordings to improve presence in a mix without squashing the life out of the tonal material.
Loop Mangling: Use various instances of Physion to morph and transform your loops using independent tonal and transient delays.
- Split audio into “Transient” and “Tonal” components
- Radically re-shape a sound by soloing the Tonal and Transient channels. Tighten up drums by dropping the tonal section, or tune a guitar into an ambient sweep by losing the transients.
- Split, modify and reassemble any sound
- Fine-tune the split using the four “Structural Split” controls.
- Six Transient effects available: Delay, Tap Delay, Dynamics, Phaser, Reverb, Gate + EQ
- Seven Tonal effects available: Delay, Compressor, Pitch, Chorus, Reverb, Tremolo, EQ
- Waveform display for clear tracking of Transient/Tonal audio in real-time
- Artist presets from Richard Devine, Chris Carter, Suzanne Ciani, Joe Chiccarelli, John Agnello, Stewart Lerman, Steve Rosenthal, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith and more
- AAX 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
- AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
An iLok account is required, but no physical dongle is necessary.