Innovative Extraterrestrial Reverb
Our Blackhole reverb breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality. It’s also capable of creating musical and subtle effects you’ll find useful for highlighting key instruments or painting a backdrop for your mix.
Blackhole – Extraterrestrial Reverb
Most reverbs are earth-bound and constrained by the physics of the real world. Our Blackhole reverb breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality (at least the one we inhabit). At large sizes, its soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allow it to really shine on guitars, strings and pads. At small sizes, those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldly rhythm section.
From the Extreme to the Sublime
While it’s true Blackhole is capable of creating space-warping special effects and drones, it’s also capable of creating musical and subtle effects you’ll find useful for highlighting key instruments or painting a backdrop for your mix. Whether you’re at the event horizon or closer to home, Blackhole will inspire and amaze while its intuitive controls will allow you to add that special something to your tracks without a degree in rocket science.
In short, Blackhole is destined to be one of those tools that you turn to time and again when reality just isn’t enough.
The Secret Weapon
This famed, massive reverberator first saw the light of day as an algorithm in our rackmount DSP4000 and remained a favorite in the rackmount H8000FW. For decades studio engineers considered Blackhole their “secret weapon.” More recently, it was ported to our Space stompbox and became the go-to ambient effect for guitar and keyboard layers. With each new version the reverb has been refined and enhanced.
We’ve now perfected the galactic sounds of the Blackhole reverb in native plug-in form. With the Blackhole plug-in, any instrument in your DAW can warp acoustic space and time.
- Incredibly easy to use with over 50 presets; many created by Eventide artists
- Ability to create extremely musical effects useful for highlighting key instruments
- Supernatural settings for abstract spatial effects and drones
- Subtle settings for ambient washes and track higlighting
- Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb’s decay
- Kill Switch mutes the input so you only hear the reverb. This makes for some incredible effects when automated
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant
- Fully flexible mono and stereo options. Bring new realms of stereo imaging to mono instruments
- Innovative Ribbon and Hot Switch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously
- Full support for the Native Instruments NKS Effects system.
Presets Make it Easy
Blackhole was designed to give you extensive control, allowing you to craft your own signature sounds. Included with Blackhole is a carefully curated set of 50 presets that serve as a launch pad for your explorations. These presets cover spaces as small as a room and as large as space itself.
Blackhole Plug-in Presets
- Biggest Reverb Ever
- Drum Filter Toolbox
- H8000 Blackhole
- Quasar Trails
From Space Pedal
Flood & Alan Moulder
- Hey Honey
Jonsi & Alex from Sigur Ros
- Sigur Ros
- Train Tracks
- Boxed In
- Circular Hall
- Complete Drone
- Dome Ceilings
- Double Tap
- Drum Ringer
- Jumble Snares
- Oil Drum
- Reflex Tile
- Ring Decay
- Spectral Mesh
- Spiral Verb
- Stairway Delay
- Windows 8 and later (32 / 64bit)
- AAX, VST2, VST3 (32 / 64-bit)
- macOS 10.9 and later (64-bit only) (macOS 11 Big Sur only supported on Intel-based Mac systems)
- AAX, AU, VST2, VST3 (64-bit)
- Eventide tests their desktop plugins in Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Studio One (However, our plugins should work with any compatible host.)
- New 32-bit macOS installers are no longer being made for this product.
- No iLok dongle is required to run this software – only a FREE iLok account/Manager is required for authorisation.
- macOS 11 Big Sur is only supported on Intel-based Mac systems.
Important – To use Eventide plugins on an M1 Mac, you may need to launch your DAW under Rosetta (right-click the application icon, select “Get Info” and then select “Open using Rosetta”). Note that many DAWs do not yet support macOS Big Sur, so it is important to check your DAW’s website for compatibility info before updating.