Software for mixing with headphones
Realphones is a VST/AU/AAX plugin and a System-Wide application for headphones correction and virtual studio emulation. Realphones technology corrects critical distortion in the sound of headphones and allows you to fully use them for mixing tracks. Realphones Ultimate contains unlimited calibration profiles.
Everything you missed for sound mixing using headphones!
Realphones technology corrects critical distortion in the sound of headphones and allows you to fully use them for mixing tracks.
Realphones is a VST/AU/AAX plugin and a System-Wide application for headphones correction and virtual studio emulation. We tried to bring the process of mixing in headphones as close as possible to the process of working on studio monitors. Our technology is designed to turn headphones into a reliable monitoring tool.
Realphones comes in 3 different versions.
- Realphones Lite
- Full functionality except for standard headphone calibration profiles.
- Realphones Professional
- Full functionality and set of 3 standard headphone calibration profiles. Each of them can be selected and activated separately at any time.
- Realphones Ultimate
- Full functionality and an unlimited selection of standard headphone calibration profiles for all supported models.
- headphone frequency response correction
- re-creation of acoustic environment of recording studio control room
- frequency response emulation of typical studio and consumer speaker systems
- monitoring control panel
- binaural sound source positioning
- CPU economy/High quality mode
- 3 band EQ
- factory presets and snapshots.
- more than 100 supported headphone models
What’s New in 1.7?
- “Easy mode” introduced: additional simplified interface with no compromise in sound quality
- 3 new headphone emulation profiles: Dynamic Open, Dynamic Closed and Gentle Response
- New factory presets added
- Offline export control: now it’s possible to mixdown through Realphones
- Bug fixes
Headphone Selection & Correction
Select your headphone model to apply the dedicated correction profile. More than 100 headphones are supported. Also you can choose recalibrate profile for matching with third-party headphones correction software.
Apply the degree of the frequency response correction to your headphones. 100% represents full matching to the measured values. However, setting the Correction slider below 100% may give you more detailed control over the mix, and it could minimise aural fatigue. If you hear any unexpected timbral coloring, we recommend reducing the value until you get a cleaner sound perception.
Binaural Room Simulation
Sound processing module that represents the acoustic and spatial features of the selected listening area. It allows you to estimate your mix in the selected sound environment with dedicated speakers setup.
- Ambience provides control over the amount of sonic reflections typical for the selected studio control room. Setting Ambience to 0% will lead to an anechoic dry signal, while 100% will represent the measured amounts of acoustic reflections.
- Angle represents the angular distance between sound sources in a virtual space and is achieved by binaural positioning.
Module that represents the on-axis and off-axis frequency response effects of loudspeaker reproduction. The speaker selection allows you to apply the frequency response of the selected speaker set to your monitoring. And the response parameter allows you to control the degree of processing applied to achieve the frequency response of the selected speakers. It helps to estimate how the mix would sound on different systems with their own specific tonal properties.
Easy to use with Snapshots
Factory sets of snapshots for mixing, producing and listening designed to hear mixes through different speaker systems at a single click. Check your mix at near, mid or far studio monitoring. Or check how your mix would sound on small cubes, with powerful sub, home hi-fi or popular earbuds. Try to listen from the next door and explore other presets.
Make your own sets, save your most frequently used settings for one-click access. Using import and export sets you can easily exchange presets with each other.
Various options that will help to estimate the sound balance such as:
- in-phase / mono component of sound (Mid) solo
- anti-phase component of sound (Side) solo
- polarity inversion of the right channel
- switch to one virtual loudspeaker located in the centre
- swap right and left channels
- low-frequency range selection (below 140 Hz)
- medium frequency range selection (140 to 8000 Hz)
- high frequency range selection(above 8000 Hz)
- solo or mute frequency range areas
System-Wide audio processing
The Realphones System-Wide driver and application enables sound processing from the operating system and its applications (like a web browser, players, etc).
One license allows you to simultaneously activate the plug-in on 3 computers.
- Mac: OS X 10.9 or later
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit)
- Hardware: 2 GB of RAM; Display 1024×768