Stunning Synthesizer for the Modern Musician
Cherry Audio's Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog+digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s. The innovative design blends flexible dual-wave morphing oscillators, stereo filters, a fully polyphonic string synthesizer, extensive and easy-to-use modulation, studio-quality effects, and MPE support, all in an elegant vintage-style synth interface.
Dreams Brought to Life
Cherry Audio’s Dreamsynth is a tribute to the celebrated hybrid analog+digital synthesizers of the mid-to-late 1980s. The innovative design blends flexible dual-wave morphing oscillators, stereo filters, fully polyphonic analog strings, extensive and easy-to-use modulation, studio-quality effects, and MPE support, all in an elegant vintage-style synth interface.
An Era of Innovation
Dreamsynth draws its inspiration from renowned synths including the Ensoniq ESQ-1, the Kawai “K” series, and the Sequential Prophet VS. In the second half of the ’80s, music production was rapidly transitioning from analog to digital. These “hybrid” synthesizers bridged the gap, combining the precision and flexibility of sampled digital oscillators with the warmth of analog filters. The combination of digital and analog sound produced instruments with character and a unique sonic fingerprint that still resonates today.
A Dream Come True
With the magic of these vintage classics in mind, we set out to create Dreamsynth. Dreamsynth is a “What if…?” synthesizer incorporating the distinctive qualities of this remarkable era with the best features of modern software instruments to create a uniquely 21st-century hybrid.
- Three dual-waveform oscillators, amounting to six simultaneous virtual analog or PCM sample-based oscillators with up to 16 voices of polyphony
- Authentically modeled virtual analog waveforms and 430 looping, one-shot, and single-cycle waveforms
- Fully polyphonic 16-voice string synthesizer which can be layered and split across the keyboard independent of the primary synth
- OB-style 12 dB/octave multimode stereo filters
- Extensive and accessible modulation capabilities, with 20 mod sources and over 40 destinations, including effects
- Analog drift control for increased authenticity
- Three tempo-syncable LFOs
- Arpeggiator with tempo sync, independently assignable to the synth and string synth
- Fully modulatable effects include multiple distortion and sample-crushing options, a 12-stage phaser, chorus, flanger, rotary speaker effects, delay, and reverb, including our new “Galactic” reverb algorithm
- Polyphonic Aftertouch as a polyphonic modulation source
- Support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)
- Highly optimized coding for optimal performance with ultra-low CPU load
- User-adjustable oversampling control
- Advanced one-click UI magnification
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
- Over 1100 presets created by a talented and diverse group of sound design veterans
AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats
- macOS 10.9 or above (including macOS 12)
- Windows 7 or above (including Windows 11)
- 64 – bit required
- Quad – core computer with 8GB of RAM recommended
- MPE requires a DAW and hardware controller supporting MIDI Polyphonic Expression.