Chord - Melody - Bassline - Generator
Captain Plugins by Mixed In Key is designed to help inspire you to write memorable chords and hooks. Simply load the plug-in on an instrument channel and begin to write your own chord progressions. You can split and customize the chords to give them the exact emotion that you’re looking for.
Captain Plugins 5.0 OUT NOW
Mixed In Key is excited to release an epic update, Captain Plugins 5 for Mac and Windows. A total of five VST plugins are included in the Captain Plugins package. The updated VSTs allow for super-fast songwriting and creation of chords, melodies, bass lines and drums for any genre of music. Captain Plugins are designed for use by producers, DJs and songwriters.
Here’s everything that’s new in Captain Plugins 5.0:
- Edit MIDI inside Captain Chords
- Captain Chords now includes full MIDI editing, including the ability to add or delete notes, move notes up and down to create new chords, resize chords and draw in rhythms. The interface identifies the name of each custom chord that you create.
- Host VST plugins inside Captain Plugins
- Use your favorite presets from third-party instruments directly inside Captain plugins. This feature offers producers a unique workflow and allows popular plugins like Serum, Sylenth1, Kontakt, Spire, Arcade, Omnisphere and more to be used as the sound source inside Captain Plugins.
- Discover Beautiful New Chords
- On the second row of Captain Chords, there’s a new selection of chords that work well in the selected key, scale and scale degree. Those chords provide beautiful voicings to allow for more experimental songwriting.
- Use your computer keyboard as a musical instrument
- In Captain Play in the ‘Play Chords’ section, the types of chords that are available on each row of the computer keyboard have been improved. Root position, 1st and 2nd inversions, borrowed chords, 7th chords and complementary chords are now available. One keypress plays the entire chord.
HUGE Improvements to Captain Beat
- Add Drum Fills to create massive buildups
- Drum fills make beats more interesting. Whenever you break from a main drum pattern to another groove, this is called a drum fill. Captain Beat features exceptional drum fills that allow producers to create variety in their rhythms.
- Import and export custom Kits, Patterns, and Fills within Captain Beat
- Captain Beat allows you to import your own samples to create custom drum kits. Now you can also import and export banks of Kits, Patterns and Fills. Easily share your patterns and kits with producer friends and collaborators.
- Use New Sounds From the Arizona Desert
- Fourteen new drum kits, recorded live, have been added to Captain Beat.
- Add Universal Drum Rhythms
- A list of universal ‘Foundation’ rhythms can be found inside the Rhythms folder and are accessible on any instrument channel. These rhythms work on instruments like Kicks, Hi-hats or Claves. Latin clave and reggaeton rhythms are included for adding spice to your patterns.
The Mac and Windows versions include Captain Chords, Captain Melody, Captain Deep and Captain Play.
Useful tools are on-hand to help you customize your chord progressions:
- Customize and explore different chords
- Discover the sound of different Keys and Scales
- Add a strong foundation to your tracks
- Write memorable hooks
- Add huge basslines to your music
- Use 100+ sounds, or route to your favorite VST synth
- Route to your favorite Hardware synth
- Apply rhythms to anything you’ve written
- Plus: Guaranteed upgrade to 4 other plugins currently in development
- Identify and “Write In” Any Chord from your MIDI keyboard
- Chord Progression Layouts
The Mac and Windows versions include Captain Chords, Captain Melody, Captain Deep and Captain Play. Captain Plugins 5 is available as a free update for existing Captain Plugins fans. Captain Plugins can be purchased for $79, and Captain Chords and Captain Beat can be purchased together for $99.
Use multiple Captains at the same time. When you make a change inside Captain Chords, it automatically sends the chord progression to Captain Deep, Captain Melody and other plugins. Your entire composition stays 100% in key.
Supported DAWs Captain Plugins officially supports:
- Mac OS X 10.10.5 and higher: Ableton Live (64-bit), Cubase, FL Studio and Logic Pro X (64-bit).
- Windows: Ableton Live, Cubase and FL Studio (64-bit and 32-bit versions)
- To fully utilize product an Internet Connection is required.