Award-winning Plugins for Music Composition
Captain Plugins by Mixed In Key is designed to help inspire you to write memorable chords and hooks. Simply load the plug-in on an instrument channel and begin to write your own chord progressions. You can split and customize the chords to give them the exact emotion that you’re looking for.
Captain Plugins 5.0 OUT NOW
Mixed In Key is excited to release an epic update, Captain Plugins 5 for Mac and Windows. The updated VSTs allow for super-fast songwriting and creation of chords, melodies, bass lines and drums for any genre of music. Captain Plugins are designed for use by producers, DJs and songwriters.
Here’s everything that’s new in Captain Plugins 5.0:
- Edit MIDI inside Captain Chords
- Captain Chords now includes full MIDI editing, including the ability to add or delete notes, move notes up and down to create new chords, resize chords and draw in rhythms. The interface identifies the name of each custom chord that you create.
- Host VST plugins inside Captain Plugins
- Use your favorite presets from third-party instruments directly inside Captain plugins. This feature offers producers a unique workflow and allows popular plugins like Serum, Sylenth1, Kontakt, Spire, Arcade, Omnisphere and more to be used as the sound source inside Captain Plugins.
- Discover Beautiful New Chords
- On the second row of Captain Chords, there’s a new selection of chords that work well in the selected key, scale and scale degree. Those chords provide beautiful voicings to allow for more experimental songwriting.
- Use your computer keyboard as a musical instrument
- In Captain Play in the ‘Play Chords’ section, the types of chords that are available on each row of the computer keyboard have been improved. Root position, 1st and 2nd inversions, borrowed chords, 7th chords and complementary chords are now available. One keypress plays the entire chord.
Use multiple Captains at the same time. When you make a change inside Captain Chords, it automatically sends the chord progression to Captain Deep, Captain Melody and other plugins. Your entire composition stays 100% in key.
Useful tools are on-hand to help you customize your chord progressions:
- Customize and explore different chords
- Discover the sound of different Keys and Scales
- Add a strong foundation to your tracks
- Write memorable hooks
- Add huge basslines to your music
- Use 100+ sounds, or route to your favorite VST synth
- Route to your favorite Hardware synth
- Apply rhythms to anything you’ve written
- Plus: Guaranteed upgrade to other plugins currently in development
- Identify and “Write In” Any Chord from your MIDI keyboard
- Chord Progression Layouts
The Mac and Windows versions include Captain Chords, Captain Melody, Captain Deep and Captain Play. Captain Plugins can be purchased for $79, and Captain Plugins and Captain Beat can be purchased together for $99.
Captain Chords 5.0: Chord Progression
- Write your own chord progressions
- Apply rhythms to your chords
- Set your Key and Scale for the entire song
- Explore different chords and discover your favorite combinations
- Compose music and write your own songs
- One touch plays 3 notes of the chords
Captain Beat 5.0: The Ultra-Modern Beatmaking Plugin
- Mix and match rhythm patterns per-channel
- Hundreds of high-quality drum sounds
- Play and record rhythms with computer keyboard or MIDI controller
- Sophisticated MIDI editing
- Add your own samples
- Wave-form visualizer
- Advanced audio and MIDI export options
Captain Play 5.0
- Play 4 octaves of notes in any Key and Scale using your computer keyboard
- Always play the right MIDI notes in-scale. Come up with your own melodies that sound great
- Play complex chords with one key-press
- Make your own melodies and chord progressions with your own fingers – no presets needed
Captain Melody 5.0
- Write melodies that suit your chord progression
- Connect the Melody plugin with Chords plugin
- Apply different rhythms
- Apply arpeggiators that move your MIDI notes
- Adjust the tension between the Chords and Melody
- Hear the melody played with 100+ different sounds
Captain Deep 5.0
- Write basslines that groove along with your chords
- Connect the Deep plugin with Chords plugin
- Apply different rhythms
- Follow the chords: any change in your Chords plugin will auto-adjust your bassline
- Hear the bass with different bassline sounds
Supported DAWs Captain Plugins officially supports:
- Mac OS X 10.10.5 and higher: Ableton Live (64-bit), Cubase, FL Studio and Logic Pro X (64-bit).
- Windows: Ableton Live, Cubase and FL Studio (64-bit and 32-bit versions)
- To fully utilize product an Internet Connection is required.