Lo-Fi Multi-Effect Plugin
NoiseShaper gives you the secret sauce for lo-fi beats and exciting mixes: noise! Imagine trap melodies crackling like vintage vinyl. EDM synths that fill the speakers with high-end electricity. Drums sizzling with classic console hiss. Pianos submerged in bubbling water… and so much more.
Lo-Fi • Vinyl • Excitement • Ambience • Groove
NoiseShaper gives you the secret sauce for lo-fi beats and exciting mixes: noise! Imagine trap melodies crackling like vintage vinyl. EDM synths that fill the speakers with high-end electricity. Drums sizzling with classic console hiss. Pianos submerged in bubbling water. Cassette house grooves, retro gear hum, broken digital textures, organic field recordings… and so much more.
Explore an expansive world of noise with mix-ready noise sources by BT, Cyclick, and InsideInfo. Layer them onto any sound in just one click – with built-in dynamic control, NoiseShaper reacts to your music, for noise that breathes with every beat. Running inside Cableguys’ ShaperBox 2 plugin, use NoiseShaper on its own or combine with other Shapers for elaborate, multilayered effects.
An expansive world of noise
Explore an exciting world of noise with a production-ready library crafted by BT, Cyclick and InsideInfo. Get classic synth noise, vinyl crackles, tape hiss, broken textures, organic recordings, and more.
Dynamic and alive
Forget boring static noise with no dynamics – in NoiseShaper, the noise breathes with every beat. Follow mode adds rhythmically synced sizzle. Duck mode fills the gaps with lo-fi textures.
LFO’s that you design
With Cableguys’ famous LFO drawing tools, it’s easy to target specific mix elements – for instance, add noise to just the snare in a loop. You can even design your own rhythmic noise patterns.
Runs in ShaperBox 2
NoiseShaper runs inside Cableguys’ acclaimed ShaperBox 2 effects plugin. Use it on its own, or combine with Drive, Time, Crush, Filter, Volume, Pan and Width Shapers.
Easy multiband control
Trigger the noise from up to three frequency bands. Add sizzle to just the hats in a loop, or enhance the kick drum by reacting only to bass frequencies, for example. Or go further: combine up to 3 separate noises with fully independent settings per band.
See your sound
Modulation can be hard to understand – but not with NoiseShaper. You always see exactly what’s happening with the big modulation trace, LFO graph, and spectrum view. All expandable, if needed.
Every noise is carefully mastered to balance perceived volume, dynamics, and frequency response across the entire library, so you can seek out the perfect noise without constantly tweaking the volume up and down.
- Trim, Mono and dual High/Low-Pass Filters to slot the noise into your mix.
- Noise Only mode for sound design or separate mixing of noise elements.
- Retina/HiDPI interface, resizable from 75% to 200%.
- Built-in help — hover over any control for description.
- Expandable LFO for detailed editing.
- Set LFO loop length in beats and bars, or Hertz.
- LFO loop length from 1/128 to 32 bars, with sample-accurate sync.
- Audio-rate modulation up to 5.24kHz for extreme sound design.
- Trigger LFO in any rhythm via MIDI.
- MIDI Trigger activity LED to aid setup.
- Trigger Smoothing to reduce clicks when switching/triggering Waves.
- LFO Smoothing parameter to remove clicks/pops, or for creative effect.
- 1-click Quick Presets for Vinyl, Cassette, and Beat Spice.
- Dedicated selection tool for multinode editing.
- 2x/3x button — double or triple patterns with a click.
- Selection skewing, for easily increasing intensity over time.
- Snap a single point, a selection, or each point within a selection.
- Flip/resize/move/randomize wave or selection.
- Draggable parameters to shift the entire wave up/down.
- Copy/paste waves between any Shapers.
- Unlimited undo/redo for LFO wave edits.
- Dozens of Wave Presets covering all common uses.
- 9 slots to store User Waves, saved with the patch.
- Switch User Waves via MIDI.
- Dry/wet mix for each band.
- Solo bands for easy setup.
- Large, precise oscilloscope view with Freeze option.
- Magnitude oscilloscope graph.
- Easy 1-slider editing of Envelope Follower.
- Mac OS X 10.9 or later (64-bit only)
- Intel or M1 (Native/Rosetta) processor
- VST, AU or AAX host sequencer
- Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11 (32 or 64-bit)
- VST or AAX host sequencer
Works with Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Pro Tools 12, Cubase, Bitwig Studio, FL Studio, REAPER, Studio One, and many other DAWs that support VST, AU or AAX.