The Ultimate Distortion Toolkit
DriveShaper does it all – and more. Animate 10 exciting shaping algorithms using easy, drawable LFOs and simple 1-slider Envelope Followers. Make 808s punch harder, enhance kick attack, make your treble sizzle, design monster basslines, distort hits in a loop and more!
The Ultimate Distortion Toolkit
Dynamic • Rhythmic • Multiband
From laser-focused harmonic warmth and sizzle to massively modulated mayhem that reacts and breathes in synergy with your music, DriveShaper does it all – and more. Animate any of 10 exciting shaping algorithms using easy, drawable LFOs and simple 1-slider Envelope Followers.
Create magical distorted rhythms, pulsing analogue warmth and hard-edged patterns. And for mixing, target specific hits with the LFO and Envelope Follower, and home in on precise frequency ranges with multiband control. Quickly dial in reactive heat and subtle harmonic motion.
Running inside Cableguys’ ShaperBox 2 effects plugin, use DriveShaper on its own or with other Shapers — they all work in exactly the same way, stacking up to create elaborate, multilayered effects that’ll make your productions stand out.
Do all this with DriveShaper
- Make 808s punch harder
- Enhance kick attack
- Make your treble sizzle
- Energise melodies
- Design monster basslines
- Distort hits in a loop
- Rhythmise pads
10 distortion Styles
Choose from 10 diverse Styles of distortion:
- Soft/Hard Clip for classic analogue-style clipping.
- Soft/Hard Square for fizzy, distorted zero crossings.
- Soft/Hard Rectify for octave-up FX.
- Skew/Sine/Triangle/Extreme Fold for wild wavefolding transformations.
Grip. Push. Accent. Tone.
Take total control with four specialised distortion parameters. Grip prevents quiet elements like reverb ambience dominating the distortion. Push generates asymmetric drive. Accent and Tone level and EQ the distorted parts only, slotting them into the mix – or making them punch even harder.
Amazing Visual Feedback
You always see exactly what is happening in DriveShaper. The unique animated distortion transfer curve shows just how your waveforms are being shaped. And the built-in spectrum view, large oscilloscope, visual LFO and Envelope modulation trace give instant audio insights.
LFOs that you design
Animate distortion over time with Cableguys’ famous LFO drawing system. Create throbbing, stepped, ramped drive patterns in seconds – use easy-to-grasp Pen tools or classic node-based editing. Shift patterns in time, double them up, even randomize them. Any shape you can imagine, just clicks away.
Like all Cableguys plugins, DriveShaper uses top-quality DSP, for seriously good sound that professionals rely on. Oversampled algorithms reduce harsh digital aliasing. Sample-accurate LFOs give perfect timing. And carefully calibrated internal gain compensation keep your levels under control.
Flexible Envelope Followers
Wouldn’t it be great if the distortion could also react to the flow of your music? That’s where the Envelope Follower comes in. Using one easy slider, create dynamic distortion that responds to beats, loops, melodies – anything. A pop-out control panel gives full access to attack/release and more.
Split your audio into up to three frequency bands. Enhance the bass, mids and treble with a different Style, LFO and Envelope for each. Just drag in the Bands area to set up – it’s fast, easy and powerful.
Runs in ShaperBox 2
DriveShaper runs in Cableguys’ ShaperBox 2 effects plugin. Use it on its own, or combine it with Time, Crush, Filter, Volume, Pan and Width Shapers for multilayered effects. Buy DriveShaper on its own — or save 62% and get all 7 Shapers with ShaperBox 2 Bundle.
- Retina/HiDPI interface, resizable from 75% to 200%
- Built-in help — hover over any control for description
- Expandable LFO for detailed editing
- Set LFO loop length in beats and bars, or Hertz
- LFO loop length from 1/128 to 32 bars, with sample-accurate sync
- Audio-rate modulation up to 5.24kHz for extreme sound design
- Trigger LFO in any rhythm via MIDI
- MIDI Trigger activity LED to aid setup
- Trigger Smoothing to reduce clicks when switching/triggering Waves
- LFO Smoothing parameter to remove clicks/pops, or for creative effect
- 1-click Quick Presets
- Dedicated selection tool for multinode editing
- 2x/3x button — double or triple patterns with a click
- Selection skewing, for easily increasing intensity over time
- Snap a single point, a selection, or each point within a selection
- Flip/resize/move/randomize wave or selection
- Draggable parameters to shift the entire wave up/down
- Copy/paste waves between any Shapers
- Unlimited undo/redo for LFO wave edits
- Dozens of Wave Presets covering all common uses
- 9 slots to store User Waves, saved with the patch
- Switch User Waves via MIDI
- Dry/wet mix for each band
- Solo bands for easy setup
- Large, precise oscilloscope view with Freeze option
- Magnitude oscilloscope graph
- Easy 1-slider editing of Envelope Follower
- Input/Output Gain controls for gain staging and manual levelling
This product is part of a greater collection of products. Check out ShaperBox 2 here.
NOT Compatible with Pro Tools
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later (64-bit only)
- VST or AU host sequencer
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (32 & 64-bit)
- VST host sequencer