Polychrome Software Synthesizer
An immensely powerful synth 20 years in the making, combining wavetable, virtual analog, granular and sampling in one inspiring instrument. This is Pigments 3, and it’s going to change the way you make music forever.
Pigments 3 – POLYCHROME SOFTWARE SYNTHESIZER
An immensely powerful synth 20 years in the making, combining wavetable, virtual analog, granular and sampling in one inspiring instrument.
This is Pigments 3, and it’s going to change the way you make music forever.
Taking that spark of imagination and transforming it into sound is the most fundamental, exhilarating part of creating music. Pigments makes that process natural, intuitive, and colourful.
Pigments 3 – Whats New? An infinite spectrum of sound
The polychromatic synthesizer has evolved into a state-of-the-art instrument that spans every shade of synthesis.
Pigments 3 introduces the boundless power of additive synthesis, an impressive utility engine with sub-oscillator and dual noise sample players, the iconic filter from Jup-8 V, 4 incredible new FX including a multiband compressor, and so much more.
Combined with unparalleled DSP performance, a revamped audio routing system, and its signature vibrant visual workflow, Pigments 3 sets the new softsynth standard; a producer’s playground, a composer’s workhorse, and a sound designer’s dream.
New in Pigments 3
- NEW Harmonic engine – detailed additive synthesis with up to 512 partials, dual formant filters that can be morphed from A to B, odd and even harmonic customization, and various colorful ways to modulate partials
- NEW 3rd Utility engine – add a sub-oscillator and up to 2 noise sample layers to Pigments’ dual-engine sound for extra depth and sonic color
- NEW 64 new wavetables, bringing the total to 164
- NEW Ramp waveform for Virtual Analog engine
- NEW Jup-8 V4 Low-pass filter – the revered filter from our meticulous emulation of a polysynth icon
- NEW Enhanced filter routing – route either filter to either FX bus for detailed sound
- NEW Pitch Delay – a clean, modern algorithm for creating exciting pitch-shifting ambiance
- NEW Multi-Band Compressor – a much-requested tool for creating a tight mix-ready sound without ever leaving Pigments
- NEW BL-20 Flanger – a faithful reimagining of an elusive analog studio effect
- NEW Chorus JUN-6 – one-touch analog sparkle and stereo fatness, taken from our faithful Juno-6 emulation
- NEW 300 expertly-crafted presets by world-class sound designers
- NEW Additional soundbank available for purchase with 500 extra presets
- NEW Enhanced in-app tutorials from the product designers
Your Sound, in Living Colour
Imagine a sound, then create it.
Pigments gives you the finest elements ever found in a software instrument, letting you create pioneering, exciting, and deeply personal sounds.
Laying everything out before you, Pigments lets you fully express your creativity in a way that’s never been seen before in a software instrument.
- Intuitive, lightning-fast workflow
- Powerful awesome-sounding architecture
- Amazing presets from legendary artists
Pigments features a twin audio engine, letting you mix virtual analog and wavetable oscillators with a sample engine to create the perfect starting point for your patch. You can even morph wavetables, granularize samples, and import your own sounds to warp and contort.
What you do next is up to you.
Experiment with 3 envelopes, 3 LFOs, and 3 function generators. Assign modulators to animate your sound, and breathe life into it. Add controlled, or totally wild random changes to any parameter with a Turing probability generator. Run it through 2 filters, with any combination of iconic analog filters or modern formant and surgeon filters you want. Process your patch with exciting contemporary effects like wavefolder and multifilter, or vintage studio reverbs, tape delays, and EQs.
“Routing” isn’t a Dirty Word
Scanning a matrix for the right parameter works, but it isn’t the only way.
Thanks to its unique interface, Pigments doesn’t just make complex modulations easy, it makes them fun. This is a new approach to building sounds.
Making a Masterpiece
For 20 years, Arturia have been analyzing, emulating, and refining the most iconic synthesizers ever made.
Working with Dr Robert Moog, Cameron Jones, and many other industry legends, Arturia have built their reputation on creating world-class instruments. They turned the music industry on its head with the release of their trailblazing, affordable analogue hardware synthesizer, the MiniBrute.
With multiple awards under their belt, you could say that Arturia have done their homework. Pigments combines their passion for vintage FM and analogue sound with modern wavetable synthesis to create what is, to us, the ultimate software synth.
- Extensive factory preset library
- NKS controller compatible
Two Engines in Parallel
- Virtual Analog triple OSC engine
- Complex Wavetable engine
- Sample and Granular engine
- Classic filter types from V Collection instruments
- Modern filter types
- Continuous series/parallel routing
Powerful Effects Section
- Insert or Send routing
- Modulable parameters
Advanced modulation system
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based.
- Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random src, …
- Graphical representation of the most important modules
Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences/arps
- Advanced random sequence generator
Explore hundreds of samples, import your own, load them into one of 6 different slots with 6 playback modes. Loop, edit, and bring them to life with Pigments’ modulation abilities.
Add another level to your sound design by transforming samples into granular synth patches at the touch of a button, adjust density, envelope, size, and exciting randomization parameters.
The in-built sequencer now lets you apply randomness in a non-destructive way, letting you always return back to where you started, perfect for live performance and improvisation.
Filter and Delay
Arturia have added the iconic sound of the Buchla Easel low pass gate and a space-age tape echo to Pigments’ sonic arsenal, for some seriously nice warping, contorting analogue flavour.
- Win 7+ (64bit) PC: 4 GB RAM; 2.5 GHz CPU.
- 1GB free hard disk space
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- 10.11+: 4 GB RAM; 2.5 GHz CPU.
- 1GB free hard disk space
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4, VST 3, AAX, Audio Unit, NKS (64-bit DAWs only)
- The software is protected by the Arturia Software Center.