Polychrome Software Synthesizer
An immensely powerful synth 20 years in the making, combining wavetable, virtual analog, granular and sampling in one inspiring instrument. This is Pigments 3, and it’s going to change the way you make music forever.
Pigments 3 – POLYCHROME SOFTWARE SYNTHESIZER
An immensely powerful synth 20 years in the making, combining wavetable, virtual analog, granular and sampling in one inspiring instrument.
This is Pigments 3, and it’s going to change the way you make music forever.
Taking that spark of imagination and transforming it into sound is the most fundamental, exhilarating part of creating music. Pigments makes that process natural, intuitive, and colourful.
Pigments 3 – Whats New? An infinite spectrum of sound
The polychromatic synthesizer has evolved into a state-of-the-art instrument that spans every shade of synthesis.
Pigments 3 introduces the boundless power of additive synthesis, an impressive utility engine with sub-oscillator and dual noise sample players, the iconic filter from Jup-8 V, 4 incredible new FX including a multiband compressor, and so much more.
Combined with unparalleled DSP performance, a revamped audio routing system, and its signature vibrant visual workflow, Pigments 3 sets the new softsynth standard; a producer’s playground, a composer’s workhorse, and a sound designer’s dream.
New in Pigments 3.5
Pigments 3.5 introduces new features, new enhancements, and hundreds of new presets designed to explore the cutting-edge of electronic music production, from UK drill to future bass, Atlanta trap to deep house.
- CrossMod: introduce cross modulation between engines 1 and 2. Either engine can be used as a modulation source, with a number of parameters to customize for wild harmonics, unusual waveforms, and extreme sonic results.
- New Distortion Module: Pigments 3.5’s new Distortion Module combines 16 modes of distortion with built-in filtering, for everything from bubbling germanium fuzz to jagged wavefolding, soft saturation or pure filth.
- Expanded Comb Filter: Pigments’ comb filter now comes with 3 new damped modes; LP6, BP6, and HP6. These filter out certain frequencies in the feedback loop for unique sounds like ambient plucks, shimmering bowed leads, and much more.
- Enhanced Sample Engine Browser: This now features subfolders and one-click sample preview.
- New Wavetables: Pigments 3.5 features dozens of new wavetables inspired by molecular structures, mineral textures, and aggressive modern timbres.
- Apple M1 compatibility – Enjoy native support for Apple’s next-generation M1 processors, ensuring flawless Pigments performance on the latest macOS machines.
- Streamlined GUI: A number of subtle menu redesigns and workflow improvements to streamline your sound design process.
- 150+ New Factory Presets: Pigments 3.5 introduces 150 new patches exploring the massive potential of new features like CrossMod, Comb Filter, and more.
Your Sound, in Living Colour
Imagine a sound, then create it.
Pigments gives you the finest elements ever found in a software instrument, letting you create pioneering, exciting, and deeply personal sounds.
Laying everything out before you, Pigments lets you fully express your creativity in a way that’s never been seen before in a software instrument.
- Intuitive, lightning-fast workflow
- Powerful awesome-sounding architecture
- Amazing presets from legendary artists
Pigments features a twin audio engine, letting you mix virtual analog and wavetable oscillators with a sample engine to create the perfect starting point for your patch. You can even morph wavetables, granularize samples, and import your own sounds to warp and contort.
What you do next is up to you.
Experiment with 3 envelopes, 3 LFOs, and 3 function generators. Assign modulators to animate your sound, and breathe life into it. Add controlled, or totally wild random changes to any parameter with a Turing probability generator. Run it through 2 filters, with any combination of iconic analog filters or modern formant and surgeon filters you want. Process your patch with exciting contemporary effects like wavefolder and multifilter, or vintage studio reverbs, tape delays, and EQs.
“Routing” isn’t a Dirty Word
Scanning a matrix for the right parameter works, but it isn’t the only way.
Thanks to its unique interface, Pigments doesn’t just make complex modulations easy, it makes them fun. This is a new approach to building sounds.
Making a Masterpiece
For 20 years, Arturia have been analyzing, emulating, and refining the most iconic synthesizers ever made.
Working with Dr Robert Moog, Cameron Jones, and many other industry legends, Arturia have built their reputation on creating world-class instruments. They turned the music industry on its head with the release of their trailblazing, affordable analogue hardware synthesizer, the MiniBrute.
With multiple awards under their belt, you could say that Arturia have done their homework. Pigments combines their passion for vintage FM and analogue sound with modern wavetable synthesis to create what is, to us, the ultimate software synth.
- Extensive factory preset library
- NKS controller compatible
Two Engines in Parallel
- Virtual Analog triple OSC engine
- Complex Wavetable engine
- Sample and Granular engine
- Classic filter types from V Collection instruments
- Modern filter types
- Continuous series/parallel routing
Powerful Effects Section
- Insert or Send routing
- Modulable parameters
Advanced modulation system
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based.
- Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random src, …
- Graphical representation of the most important modules
Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences/arps
- Advanced random sequence generator
Explore hundreds of samples, import your own, load them into one of 6 different slots with 6 playback modes. Loop, edit, and bring them to life with Pigments’ modulation abilities.
Add another level to your sound design by transforming samples into granular synth patches at the touch of a button, adjust density, envelope, size, and exciting randomization parameters.
The in-built sequencer now lets you apply randomness in a non-destructive way, letting you always return back to where you started, perfect for live performance and improvisation.
Filter and Delay
Arturia have added the iconic sound of the Buchla Easel low pass gate and a space-age tape echo to Pigments’ sonic arsenal, for some seriously nice warping, contorting analogue flavour.
- Win 7+ (64bit) PC: 4 GB RAM; 2.5 GHz CPU.
- 1GB free hard disk space
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- 10.11+: 4 GB RAM; 2.5 GHz CPU.
- 1GB free hard disk space
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU
- Compatible with M1 Chips
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4, VST 3, AAX, Audio Unit, NKS (64-bit DAWs only)
- The software is protected by the Arturia Software Center.