Modular Additive Synthesizer
Loom is an award-winning modular additive synthesizer with a shape-shifting Morph Pad that makes it easy to create rich, swirling, and captivating sounds. Create anything from wobbles, ethereal pads, ambient soundscapes, and much more.
FLASH DEAL: Offer expires in… Please check the system requirements, items purchased at this price are non-refundable
Explore Additive Synthesis
Loom is an award-winning modular additive synthesizer with a shape-shifting Morph Pad that makes it easy to create rich, swirling, and captivating sounds.
Loom takes a unique modular approach to additive synthesis, a synthesis technique that involves combining simple waveforms together to create complex sounds, by allowing anyone to select from and combine 30 editable modules.
Create anything from wobbles, ethereal pads, ambient soundscapes, and much more.
The programmable Morph Pad brings your Loom patches to life by morphing between user-defined variations of your patch, adding motion and momentum that continues to evolve.
- A modular additive synthesizer with a sound-shifting Morph Pad
- 30 editable sound modules; freely combinable in 10 cells
- Morph Pad enables point-and-click sound morphing 350+ patches programmed by legendary sound designers
- Smart Sound Randomizer to quickly design unique sounds
- Economy mode reduces the load on the host processor with minimal impact on the sound
- 64-bit plugin: VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX formats
Mix & Match Modules
Loom allows up to 512 harmonic partials per patch and uses an intuitive modular design to create complex sounds quickly and easily. Each of the 30 editable modules performs a specific sonic task—Octaver, Second Tone, Moving Filter, Noise, Linear Lowpass, Modulator, etc.
The Loom framework provides a series of cells, where up to 10 of these modules can interact and be combined to generate an additive synthesis patch. Each module includes task-specific parameters for detailed, individual control of the patch. For real-time visual feedback of your sound, each module includes a spectrum window, offering a visual indication of how that module is affecting the individual harmonics of the sound.
Make Your Music Move
Loom’s Morph Pad is a powerful tool that adds dynamics and movement to your patches. Using a condensed set of control knobs, Loom allows you to quickly create up to four variations of your sound, and assign each one to different quadrant of the Morph Pad. Point, click, and drag anywhere on the Morph Pad to create a morph path. As the sound moves along this patch, you will here it morph in real time between your four variations.
This morphing can be free form, or set to sync up to a particular musical unit—1 bar, 4 bars, etc. Plus, each segment of the morph path can be synced individually.
Stunning Sound Design
Loom comes packed with sounds. Acclaimed sound designers Richard Devine and Mark Ovenden have created 350+ professional, tweakable patches that include wobbles, pads, bass, soundscapes, and more.
You can tweak, analyze, and customize their sounds to make them your own, or dig deep and begin creating your own additive sounds from scratch. For sonic inspiration, Loom’s Smart Sound Randomizer instantly generates new parameters—or a new mix of modules—to jump-start your sound design sessions. All parameters can be mapped for MIDI control.
More than Modules
Each Loom patch begins with editable Spectral Distortion and Spectral Modulation controls that influence the overall sound. Three LFOs provide tempo sync-able modulation sources that any module can access. Four velocity-sensitive Envelope Generators add an extra layer of control that can change and evolve over time.
Octave control, global pitch, glide time, and other patch-specific controls offer additional tools for your custom sound-shaping experience.
Onboard effects add extra expression to your customized additive sound creations. Using the drive or distortion on an additive sound can produce an aggressive edge or introduce rich harmonic changes.
Modulation effects include a chorus and a phaser. Each can add remarkable depth and motion to your sound. Loom also includes a reverb effect to help your sound sit in the mix, or to create an expansive audio environment.
iLok is required for Windows Users please install the iLok Manager before installing the plugin!
- This is an Audio Plugin – It REQUIRES a HOST Software
- VST (32 bit and 64 bit) qualified for: Ableton Live, Cubase 10.5, Arsenal
- AU (64 bit only) qualified for: Logic Pro X
- AAX qualified for: ProTools 10.3 (32 bit), ProTools 11.x (64 bit)
- PC: Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Minimum Dual Core 2GHz (Intel Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Some users with Windows 10 may experience issues and we do not recommend for customers with Windows 10.
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.8.5-10.14
- Core Duo Processor (Core i5 or i7 Recommended) Minimum RAM 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- 1GB Free hard drive space (Download and Installation)
- Internet Access (Download and Authorization)