Mixthru – Improve Your Trap Mixes
Learn how to mix a trap beat with male rap vocals from start to finish including levels, EQ, compression, limiting, effects and more in this 1.5-hour Mixthru. Includes stems for practice.
Learn through observation – Matthew Weiss’ Mixthru series is must-watch viewing for anyone wanting to get inside the studio and observe a professional mixing engineer at work. Starting from scratch you’ll see exactly how to work on all the different element of the mix through to a finished track that is ready for mastering.
Drums, Drops Vocals & Everything In Between. Watch, Listen, Learn & Get A Better Trap Mix
Mixthru focuses specifically on application, whereas other tutorials present a balance between theory and application. A Mixthru is a window into the real world of a mix engineer — a virtual chance to attend a session and have everything explained while it’s happening!
- Clean and enhance a rap vocal
- Route your tracks for ultimate flexibility
- Enhance vocals with parallel compression
- Mix hard-hitting 808s and kick drums
- Negotiate hi-hats, bells and other percussion
- Clean up a noisy rap vocal recording
- Use parallel excitement to enhance a vocal
- Embellish with effects, drops and more
- Master with mid-side EQ and limiting
ABOUT THE MIXTHRU SERIES
Mixthru is a quick and effective way to improve your mixing skills. Being able to watch a professional engineer work has always been valuable. But learning the what, why and how as they mix is even more valuable. Mixthru combines both into a downloadable video you can watch anywhere, anytime.
Also Available In This Series:
- Mixthru – Improve Your Funk Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Hip Hop Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your EDM Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Rock Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Pop Mixes
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Matthew Weiss is a mixing and recording engineer from Philadelphia.
He’s mixed a lot of records, including tracks for Snoop, Gorilla Zoe, J-Son, Dizzee Rascal, Arrested Development, Gift of Gab, 9th Wonder, Sonny Digital, !llmind and more.
Learn the techniques he’s developed over the years and elevate the quality of all your mixes and productions no matter what circumstances or gear you’re working with.