Mixthru – Improve Your Rock Mixes
Learn how to mix an indie-rock song with male vocals from start to finish with a focus on utilizing primarily stock plugins. Includes stems for practice.
Learn through observation – Matthew Weiss’ Mixthru series is must-watch viewing for anyone wanting to get inside the studio and observe a professional mixing engineer at work. Starting from scratch you’ll see exactly how to work on all the different element of the mix through to a finished track that is ready for mastering.
Focus on Musicality, Automation and Technique. Watch, Listen, Learn & Get A Better Indie Rock Mix
Mixthru focuses specifically on application, whereas other tutorials present a balance between theory and application. A Mixthru is a window into the real world of a mix engineer — a virtual chance to attend a session and have everything explained while it’s happening!
- Get a great mix on a limited budget using mostly stock plugins
- Recognize and fix phase issues in a multitrack recording
- Use compression and limiting to increase tension in a mix
- Utilize automation to bring life back to over-compressed tracks
- Augment drums with samples to get a punchier drum mix
- Determine the most effective reverb settings for your mix
- Negotiate the best parts of a multi-capture recording
- Use distortion to add color and life to tracks in the mix
- Enhance the low end of your mix with parallel compression
- Emphasize section changes by automating reverb and effects
ABOUT THE MIXTHRU SERIES
Mixthru is a quick and effective way to improve your mixing skills. Being able to watch a professional engineer work has always been valuable. But learning the what, why and how as they mix is even more valuable. Mixthru combines both into a downloadable video you can watch anywhere, anytime.
Also Available In This Series:
- Mixthru – Improve Your Funk Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Hip Hop Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your EDM Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Pop Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Trap Mixes
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Matthew Weiss is a mixing and recording engineer from Philadelphia.
He’s mixed a lot of records, including tracks for Snoop, Gorilla Zoe, J-Son, Dizzee Rascal, Arrested Development, Gift of Gab, 9th Wonder, Sonny Digital, !llmind and more.
Learn the techniques he’s developed over the years and elevate the quality of all your mixes and productions no matter what circumstances or gear you’re working with.