Mixthru – Improve Your Pop Mixes
Learn how to mix a pop record from start to finish including levels, EQ, compression, reverb, distortion, limiting, and more in this 3-hour Mixthru. Includes stems for practice.
Learn through observation – Matthew Weiss’ Mixthru series is must-watch viewing for anyone wanting to get inside the studio and observe a professional mixing engineer at work. Starting from scratch you’ll see exactly how to work on all the different element of the mix through to a finished track that is ready for mastering.
Cut Your Mixing Teeth In A Very ‘Mix Heavy’ Genre. Watch, Listen, Learn & Get A Better Pop Mix
Mixthru focuses specifically on application, whereas other tutorials present a balance between theory and application. A Mixthru is a window into the real world of a mix engineer — a virtual chance to attend a session and have everything explained while it’s happening!
- Mix and negotiate multiple bass elements in a mix
- Establish and utilize contrast within dense arrangements
- Mix guitars while drawing from cross-genre influences
- Shape synth pads around vocals and other instruments
- Utilize compression to accentuate rhythmic patterns
- Mix for a specific record and train your ear for context
- Utilize transitional effects to emphasize section changes
- Use reverb to add space and depth in a mix
- Create height using EQ to exaggerate a sense of dimension
- Mix vocals to fit specific sections of a dynamic record
ABOUT THE MIXTHRU SERIES
Mixthru is a quick and effective way to improve your mixing skills. Being able to watch a professional engineer work has always been valuable. But learning the what, why and how as they mix is even more valuable. Mixthru combines both into a downloadable video you can watch anywhere, anytime.
Also Available In This Series:
- Mixthru – Improve Your Funk Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Hip Hop Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your EDM Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Rock Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Trap Mixes
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Matthew Weiss is a mixing and recording engineer from Philadelphia.
He’s mixed a lot of records, including tracks for Snoop, Gorilla Zoe, J-Son, Dizzee Rascal, Arrested Development, Gift of Gab, 9th Wonder, Sonny Digital, !llmind and more.
Learn the techniques he’s developed over the years and elevate the quality of all your mixes and productions no matter what circumstances or gear you’re working with.