Mixthru – Improve Your Hip-Hop Mixes
Learn how to mix a Hip-Hop track from start to finish featuring rap vocals from Armageddon of Terror Squad. Includes stems for practice.
Learn through observation – Matthew Weiss’ Mixthru series is must-watch viewing for anyone wanting to get inside the studio and observe a professional mixing engineer at work. Starting from scratch you’ll see exactly how to work on all the different element of the mix through to a finished track that is ready for mastering.
From Drum Breaks to Rap Vocals – Watch, Listen, Learn & Get A Better Hip Hop Mix
Mixthru focuses specifically on application, whereas other tutorials present a balance between theory and application. A Mixthru is a window into the real world of a mix engineer — a virtual chance to attend a session and have everything explained while it’s happening!
- Mix rap vocals with EQ, de-essing, compression and more
- Use parallel compression to keep vocals cutting through the mix
- Why you might want to start your mix at the stereo buss
- Recreate tape-era-like brightness with simple EQ curves
- Secrets to establishing presence and consistency in a rap vocal
- Utilize different knee settings and thresholds to add tension
- Mix powerful and punchy drums that hit hard on all playback systems
- Decide where bass elements and 808s should tonally sit in the mix
- Add a sense of dimension to your mix without using reverb
- Finalize the mix and increase perceived volume with limiting
ABOUT THE MIXTHRU SERIES
Mixthru is a quick and effective way to improve your mixing skills. Being able to watch a professional engineer work has always been valuable. But learning the what, why and how as they mix is even more valuable. Mixthru combines both into a downloadable video you can watch anywhere, anytime.
Also Available In This Series:
- Mixthru – Improve Your Funk Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your EDM Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Rock Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Pop Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Trap Mixes
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Matthew Weiss is a mixing and recording engineer from Philadelphia.
He’s mixed a lot of records, including tracks for Snoop, Gorilla Zoe, J-Son, Dizzee Rascal, Arrested Development, Gift of Gab, 9th Wonder, Sonny Digital, !llmind and more.
Learn the techniques he’s developed over the years and elevate the quality of all your mixes and productions no matter what circumstances or gear you’re working with.