Mixthru – Improve Your Funk Mixes
Learn how to mix a funky pop record from start to finish including levels, EQ, compression, effects and more. Includes multitracks for practice.
Learn through observation – Matthew Weiss’ Mixthru series is must-watch viewing for anyone wanting to get inside the studio and observe a professional mixing engineer at work. Starting from scratch you’ll see exactly how to work on all the different element of the mix through to a finished track that is ready for mastering.
Work The Groove In The Lows. Watch, Listen, Learn & Get A Better Pop-Funk Mix
Mixthru focuses specifically on application, whereas other tutorials present a balance between theory and application. A Mixthru is a window into the real world of a mix engineer — a virtual chance to attend a session and have everything explained while it’s happening!
- Help dark vocals cut through a mix with compression and de-essing
- Achieve a consistent, full-bodied lead vocal with parallel compression
- Help competing bass tracks find their own space in the mix with EQ
- Give dry synths depth and ambience with modulation effects
- Transform flappy low-end into one that’s punchy, solid and tight
- Blend several kicks to give static drums a natural acoustic feel
- Use M/S processing to get small synth tracks to sound large and wide
- Compare mix buss compressors to find the one that’s right for the song
ABOUT THE MIXTHRU SERIES
Mixthru is a quick and effective way to improve your mixing skills. Being able to watch a professional engineer work has always been valuable. But learning the what, why and how as they mix is even more valuable. Mixthru combines both into a downloadable video you can watch anywhere, anytime.
Also Available In This Series:
- Mixthru – Improve Your Hip Hop Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your EDM Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Rock Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Pop Mixes
- Mixthru – Improve Your Trap Mixes
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Matthew Weiss is a mixing and recording engineer from Philadelphia.
He’s mixed a lot of records, including tracks for Snoop, Gorilla Zoe, J-Son, Dizzee Rascal, Arrested Development, Gift of Gab, 9th Wonder, Sonny Digital, !llmind and more.
Learn the techniques he’s developed over the years and elevate the quality of all your mixes and productions no matter what circumstances or gear you’re working with.