Complete Guide to Arturia Pigments
Pigments is Arturia’s newest Polychrome software synthesizer. Loaded with features, Pigments offers unlimited creative possibilities with absolute control. In this course you will explore every module of the new Arturia Pigments.
From the basics of the UI to the technical features of the wavetable and analogue engines to the creative opportunities allowed by Pigment’s Modulation capabilities. By the end of this course you’ll also be comfortable with the filters, voicing, effects and sequencer and be well equipped to apply the advanced features of Pigments to your sound projects straight away.
Every feature and function of Arturia Pigments explained.
Indepth technical walkthroughs with plenty of practical insights and creative tips to get you up and running with Pigments right away.
Broken down into 13 sections:
- Header & Footer
- The Browser
- The Wavetable Engine
- The Analogue Engine
- Modulation Assignments
- Modulation Sources Pt 1
- Modulation Sources Pt 2
- Filter Types
- Voicing and VCA
- The Effects Page
- Effect Routings
- The Sequencer
- Watch, Listen and Learn – our easy to follow video instruction introduce you to classic techniques and technical insights
- 13 walkthrough videos each providing a mandatory lesson on getting the most out of the Arturia Pigments Polychrome software synthesizer.
- Total runtime 126 minutes
- Practical instruction by an experienced tutor
- Learn at your own pace, watch as many times as you need to learn the lessons
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
With his relaxed and open manner, experienced Dutch Musician Jorgalad makes complex concepts easy to understand.
Drawing on his extensive understanding of the subject he’s able to focus on the essentials of music theory most relevant to modern music production.
- Welcome to the course with an overview and introduction to Pigments
Header & Footer
- A quick look at the features found in the header and footer of Pigments
- Explore the preset browser & playlists
The Wavetable Engine
- as we begin to explore Pigments’ Synth Page we take a deep dive into the WaveTable Engine looking atWavetables, Morph & WT Position
The Analogue Engine
- Continuing on the Synth Page get comfortable with Pigments’ Analogue Engine. From the main oscillators to waveshapes, the noise oscillator to a first look at modulation.
- A standout function of Arturia Pigments, we start a three-part section on modulation by walking through modulation assignments
Modulation Sources Pt 1
- The first of two lessons dedicated to modulation sources. Explore the keyboard, envelope and LFO panels.
Modulation Sources Pt 2
- Continuing your understanding of Pigments’ modulation sources to explore the customizable functions, as well as the random and combinate panels.
- Discover the exciting features and functions of Arturia Pigments filters starting with the filter types before going into filter routing.
Voicing and VCA
- The final video covering the Synth Page looks at Arturia Pigments Master Options and VCA or output section.
The Effects Page
- Pigments has some very creative options when it comes to effects. This lesson walks through the Effects Page and gives you a taste of what’s on offer
- Continue your study of the effects page with a practical look at effects routing and how you further shape your sounds.
- The final lesson focuses on the Sequencer Page of Pigments, here you will learn how to setup, play, and customize arpeggios and sequences