IMAGINE KNOWING THE PRO’S SECRETS TO BASS LAYERING AND DRUM PROCESSING…
If you’re a producer, you would agree that it can be difficult to get a professional power in the sound on your tracks.
A home studio producer’s tracks can be well written, but they usually have trouble getting their basses and drums hitting hard enough. How can you change that?
This video is like having a pro right by your side, helping you every step of the way to show you how to layer your sounds and to get them hitting hard!
IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES – BUILD THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR BASSES SLAM AND YOUR DRUMS HIT HARD!
THE SECRET TO PRO SOUNDING MUSIC
The heart and soul of electronic music is Bass. It pumps the speakers and warms the sound up so that it can be felt by your listener while they groove with your track.
If your bass isn’t hitting right and isn’t capturing your listener, your tracks will never be heard by the mainstream market. Artists like Wolfgang Gartner, Zedd, Skrillex and Knife Party rely on their drums and basses to make their tracks huge and impactfull.
But how do you get your tracks to be on that level from a home studio?
- Learn and understand the techniques used by the pro’s to get that huge sound
- Learn how to distort your bass without compromising the low end and warmth of your bass
- Learn how to properly use multiple instances of Massive to achieve that full sounding bass
- Learn how to open up the sonic spectrum only using EQ, a Compressor and spectrum analyzer to let your track breath, not feel muddy or overloaded
- Learn how to use your ears to hear where your bass should sit, so it’s filling up the frequencies it needs to whilst still leaving room for other instruments in your track
WHAT GENRE’S WILL THIS TUTORIAL COVER?
Electro house will be our primary focus, which will cover the first 2 hours of the tutorial. We will also cover a bit about dubstep as well in the final hour of the tutorial. The skills you learn from this tutorial can be applied to any genre of music!
In our electro house bass section you will learn:
- How to design mid-frequency range basses and how to create other layers of the bass sopund (both high and sub)
- How to use MASSIVE macro controls and envelopes to focus in on the sound that you are looking to achieve
- How to use 1 or 2 oscillators to create a full sounding bass
- How to properly use a spectrum analyzer to hone in on the frequency that you want to occupy in each layer of the bass and how to cut out the junk in your bass that only causesthe mud in your tracks
In our dubstep bass layering section you will learn how to:
- Layer your sounds with any synthesizer you want to get that huge sound everybody loves
- An overview of dubstep production and how to apply the same layering techniques we used in the electro house bass section
- A brief talk about applying these layering technique to FM8 and Sylenth1
SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM OTHER PRODUCERS
Top notch bass is crucial to getting your tracks heard worldwide and played by some of the biggest DJ’s.
But how do you get your basses to sound top notch?
Through proper bass layering and treatment.
Even if you have a well written song, it’s not going to played in clubs and stadiums if your bass and drums are weak. So start today and change the way your music is heard.
LEARN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE HARD HITTING TRACKS THAT WILL CAPTURE ANY AUDIENCE
Time and time again, we hear tracks that have potential but just aren’t hitting right.
Right away we can tell it’s due to clutter or overloading the sonic spectrum with too much of the same frequencies.
Most home studio producers would say “Well, what choice do I have? I can’t get my basses to sound warm or drums to hit hard without cramming bass on top of bass and sample on top of sample to get the right sound.”
Learn how to use the tools you already have to create space in the mix to get the sounds you worked hard on to punch through clearly with a rib shaking bass tone.
This knowledge isn’t just for drums and bass but can also be applied to just about anything in your music. What you learn in this tutorial can be applied to any sound you’re looking to fatten up
The skills that you develop from this tutorial will last you a lifetime.
Getting your drums to hit at a pro level isn’t easy with a home studio setup.
We will also discuss how to apply the layering technique to your drums to get them to hit hard with plenty of low end and top end snap.
What will we be learning about?
- We will use different techniques to design our kicks so they are snappy but still have plenty of low punch
- We will learn how to use the sound spectrum to cut and sculpt our drums to they don’t conflict with other instruments in our track
- We will discuss the 3 stages of drum processing for sample selection to the final prints of the drums
- We will discuss a few 3rd party plug ins (all of which we will include links for free demos) you can use to truly maximize your drum production
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE DOWNLOAD?
Beside the tricks and tips the pro’s don’t wan you to know about. This video tutorial comes with the following:
- MASSIVE Presets folder with the 12 Massive presets we will design in the tutorial
- 3 hours of video tutorials broken up into 9 game changing videos
- Bass Midi pack containing the bass line for all 4 electro-house basses
- Drum Midi Folder incase you would prefer to use your own drum samples while following along in the video
- The processed drums we used in the tutorial all stemmed out. Hi hats, kick, snare and shakers
- The EQ chart to guide you on where different synch instruments sit in a sound spectrum
- Everlasting knowledge that the pro’s don’t want you to know
LEARN THE TECHNIQUE – BASS LAYERING AND WHY IT IS IMPORTANT?
Sound layering techniques are used in any slamming track you hear. If you want your tracks to hit your listener in the chest giving them a lasting impression of your song, there is only one way to go about it, Bass Layering! Why is this so important?
- It is important to understand the fundamentals of sound layering so you can truly achieve unique but hard hitting tracks
- Learning how to separate the hi’s, mid’s and low frequencies of your bass using multiple instances of Massive which will give you the flexibility you need to distort the different layers of your bass without compromising the integrity of your bass sound
- Get your basses to sit comfortably in your mix and work with the drums and not against them
- Once you learn how to properly layer your sounds your mixes will instantly sound clearer and more focused
We will be using Ableton Live as our Digital Workstation. But everything that you learn in this tutorial can be applied in any DAW and to any sound. So expect to take your general overall production to the next level.
The purpose of this video is to show you how to make one sound big and full. So when you’re writing your tracks, you won’t have to layer 100 different synths in one section just to get your tracks to sound full.
Learn the skills you need to have hard hitting tracks that will capture any audience.