Ableton Live 9 Jumpstart
Ableton Live 9 Jumpstart is specifically designed to be the best and fastest way to learn Live 9 thoroughly. It is ideal for anyone new to Ableton Live.
Not only will you learn what Live can do and how to use it, you will also learn the fundamental concepts behind each control that provide deeper and more useful understanding. You will learn by doing, building a song from start to finish throughout the course, seeing each concept applied creatively in real-world scenarios.
The course gives you access to over 8 hours of super-crisp, streaming HD videos. You can watch these on-demand giving you as much time as you need to fully absorb all the content.
Learn 90% of Ableton Live in one month!
- Video Episodes: 25
- Total Length: 8 hours
- DAW Used: Live 9 & Live 9 Suite
- Skill Level:Beginner
- Learn all the techniques you need to get started with Live.
Ableton Live 9 Jumpstart is a lengthy course spanning 8 hours of videos and exercises. It will take you from a complete noob to solid competency of the core functionality of Ableton Live 9.
This course is jammed full of practical knowledge, explantations, and concise breakdowns of why things work the way they do, above and beyond how to use Live. Concepts such as file management, getting the most power out of your computer, serial and parallel processing, and mix exporting are explored, just to name a few. You will learn so much more than the Live manual–or even a book–could ever teach you.
Over 8 hours of in-depth, super-crisp, streaming HD video instruction training with Jake Perrine, Ableton Live Certified Trainer and author of the book Power Tools for Ableton Live 9.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
after taking this course you’ll be able to:
- Identify and use Live’s various file types, navigate the Library, and manage the samples in your Project.
- Use Session and Arrangement View to their fullest potential, and incorporate their inherent strengths into your workflow.
- Warp, Quantize, or Groove any Clip of audio or MIDI data to fit in time and key with your song.
- Record audio and MIDI into Live Clips.
- Have a working knowledge of audio effects, including how, when, and why to use them.
- Have a working knowledge of Audio Effect Racks, Instrument
- Effect Racks, MIDI Effect Racks, and Drum Racks.
- Use the ‘Audio to MIDI and Slice to New MIDI Track’ functions.
- Set up and configure your MIDI gear to work with Live.
- Use Automation and Modulation, understand the differences between the two, and when to use each.
- Export your final mix to a stereo file.
- Access to a computer with a broadband internet connection
- A working copy of Live 9 (standard) is recommended, although almost all of the course can be done with Live 9 Intro
- Live 9 Suite is not required (but is a lot of extra fun!)
- Headphones or studio monitors
- A MIDI keyboard controller is recommended, but not required
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Ableton Certified Trainer Jake Perrine was an Instructor in Audio Production for over a decade at the Art Institute of Seattle; is a seasoned mixing and mastering engineer with over 200 album credits to his name; is a composer, performer and DJ under the name Spire; and author of three popular books on Ableton Live: Producing Music with Ableton Live; Sound Design, Mixing, and Mastering with Ableton Live; and Power Tools for Ableton Live 9, all published by Hal Leonard.