Waves' New Clavinet Plugin Is Perfect For Making Funky Beats
Waves Audio has released the Waves Clavinet, a new sampled instrument plugin (AU/VST) that recreates the sounds of the real Clavinet, an instrument whose sound is synonymous with genres including funk, pop and jazz.
Recreating all the dynamic control, feel and expression of the original funkified icon, Waves has meticulously sampled every texture, articulation and hammer tip string-striking mechanic of the authentic D6 Clavinet in both the muted and unmuted modes.
- Sampled from the original D6 model Clavinet
- Built-in FX section including advanced auto-wah, phaser, chorus, reverb
- Full velocity response mix control with key up and mechanics features
- Customizable EQ section for further tone shaping
- Mute slider control for decayed staccato or mellow sustain
- Amp overdrive control with tube condenser and dynamic microphone selectors
- Global tune control; MIDI assignable
- 32-bit & 64-bitv
- NKS-ready for NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine
- HD and SD sample libraries
- Can be used as a plugin or as a standalone instrument
- Powered by the Waves Sampler Engine (WSE)
At first glance, something cool about the Waves Clavinet is that it’s GUI looks very straightforward and would allow the user to dive right in. In addition, it’s relatively inexpensive, being sold for $29 USD. You can visit the Waves website to learn more.
Check out: Mastering with Waves plug-ins