Universal Audio Releases Century Tube Channel Strip Plugin
Universal Audio has released the Century Tube Channel Strip plugin for UA interfaces and UAD-2 hardware. The plugin, inspired by the classic sounds and recording circuitry from the last mid-century, features a vintage tube mic preamp, transparent dynamics control, and a classically voiced EQ.
The Century Tube Channel Strip’s mic preamp give instruments and vocals a burnished tube color with the unmistakable warmth and detail that only a tube mic pre can provide. Harnessing UA’s groundbreaking Unison technology, the Century Tube Channel Strip blurs the lines between analog and digital, capturing all the important impedance, gain staging “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviors of a vintage tube preamp.
Century Tube Channel Strip Plug-In — Key Features:
- Everything you need to capture great vocal & instrument sounds in a single plug-in
- Vintage-inspired channel strip made for UA Audio Interface tracking, always easy to dial and musically flattering
- Console-inspired tube preamp with bold and musical hardware sound
- Three-band EQ with simple high and low shelf tone control and sweepable midrange
- Performance-inspiring single knob optical dynamics control with firm yet transparent response
- Physical input impedance and front panel control of gain staging and other preamp parameters with Unison Mic Preamp Technology on UA Audio Interfaces
- Requires a UAD DSP Accelerator or UA Audio Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide
You can visit the Universal Audio website to learn more about the new Century Tube Channel Strip plugin.