Tracktion Engine Allows You To Easily Build Audio Plugins and Applications
The Tracktion DAW has now been made open-source with the release of Tracktion Engine, a module available for JUCE (C++ framework for making apps) that allows developers to rapidly create new audio applications with Tracktion Engine’s high-level API resources.
Tracktion Engine Features
- A wide range of supported platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi, iOS and Android)
- Tempo, key and time-signature curves
- Fast audio file playback via memory mapping
- Audio editing including time-stretching and pitch shifting
- MIDI with quantisation, groove, MPE and pattern generation
- Built-in and external plugin support for all the major formats
- Parameter adjustments with automation curves or algorithmic modifiers
- Modular plugin patching Racks
- Recording with punch, overdub and loop modes along with comp editing
- External control surface support
- Fully customizable rendering of arrangements
Tracktion Engine is offered as a free version with a $50k revenue limit, an educational version with no revenue limit, as well as an Indie version for $35/month that comes with 12 months of support and a revenue limit of $200k from your applications. You can get started with Tracktion Engine by visiting the GitHub page.