This Plugin Can Extract Drums From A Song
DrumExtract is a plugin from YellowNoiseAudio that can extract and isolate percussive elements from an audio track on which it’s inserted, allowing you to hone in on a song’s drum section and distinguish it from other busy components of a mix.
DrumExtract works well on songs with harmonic instruments playing chords (strings, synths, pads, piano, etc.), but doesn’t work on songs with instruments with fast pitch changes, such as fast instrument solos or vocal part.
Potential Applications of DrumExtract
- Drum learning: isolate the percussive content of a song, to find the drum parts
- Drum practicing: play a song without drums, allowing the drummer to play on top of it
- Sampling: sample drum loops or drum elements that you couldn’t isolate with traditional tools! MPC users / hip hop producers may use it to find new unused sampling material
- Production learning: discover how great song drum tracks are crafted, by removing the other instruments
- Mixing / mastering: raise or lower the volume of the drums in a mix
DrumExtract is available for download at a price of €49; it is offered in VST and AU formats and is compatible with both Windows and Mac.