The Blipblox Is A Combined Musical Toy and Synthesizer
At NAMM 2018, Playtime Engineering has debuted the Blipblox, a combined synthesizer and musical toy that is geared toward introducing young children to sound synthesis and creative sound creation. The Blipblox uses a proprietary algorithm that synthesizes completely unique waveforms.
Kid-friendly & kid-safe.
- Colorful knobs & buttons are easy for little hands to twist & press.
- Multi-color LED light show is synchronized to the music.
- Durable plastic design is drop & splash resistant.
- Algorithm & system flow learning provides STEM experience beyond music play.
- “Active capture” knobs & buttons so little hands can’t remove them.
- Powered by batteries or AC adapter.
- MIDI input for an external keyboard or sequencer controller.
- Eight unique oscillator modulation schemes.
- One Low Pass Filter.
- Two Envelope Generators.
- Two LFOs.
- 3-in/3-out modulation matrix.
- Performance Mode optimizes device display for music production.
- Audio Output jack.
- No music experience needed! Have fun just exploring the new sounds, or dig deeper to learn the signal path and master the synthesis engine.
- Built-in sequencer comes loaded with hundreds of unique melodies to explore.
- Integrated drum machine.
- All of the fun of sound synthesis in a simplified, low-cost device.
Synthesis for all.
You can watch the Blipblox in action in the video below.
The Blipblox will be available for pre-sale in Spring 2018 and is expected to start shipping in Summer 2018. You can visit the Playtime Engineering website to learn more.