Roland Unveils The R-07 Handheld Recorder
In the buildup to NAMM 2018, Roland has unveiled the R-07, a compact, handheld audio recorder that lets you record audio for your projects wherever you go. The R-07’s Scene mode allows you to dial up the perfect recording settings (sample rate, record mode, limiter, low cut, and input level) according to the environment in which you’re recording.
- WAV support: 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, 16/24-bit
- MP3 support: 64/96/128/160/192/224/320 kbps
- Hybrid Limiter and Dual Recording
- Bluetooth® remote control with smartphone and smartwatch
- Wireless headphone and speaker playback
- One-touch Scene function for instant setup in any recording scenario
- Tuner and metronome for musical applications
- Rehearsal function for perfect input levels with a single touch
- 128 x 64 graphic LCD with white backlight for easy visibility
- Supports microSD cards (SD, SDHC)
- Mic/aux Input and headphone output
- Runs on batteries (AA x 2) or USB bus power
- Built-in speaker for convenient playback anywhere
- Stylish, compact design available in black, red, or white
- Simultaneous WAV and MP3 recording
- Internal Stereo Microphone
- MIC/AUX IN (Stereo miniature phone type, plug-in powered mic)
- *The Internal Mic and the MIC/AUX IN can’t be used at the same time; only the MIC/AUX IN is effective.
- Phones (Stereo miniature phone type)
- Internal Speaker for playback (monaural)
- *The Internal Speaker and the Phones can’t be used at the same time; only the Phones is effective.
Nominal Input Level (Variable)
- MIC/AUX IN: 4.5 k ohms
- 3 mW + 3 mW (In case 16 ohms load)
Recommended Load Impedance
- 16 ohms or greater
- 20 Hz – 40 kHz (+-3 dB)
- USB port: USB Micro-B type
- support USB 2.0/1.1 mass storage device class
- Playback only. Excludes playback in 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz.
- Reverb and Speed Change can’t be used at the same time.
- 4 types (Hall1, Hall2, Room, Plate)
- Speed Change50 – 150 % of playback speed
While the Roland R-07 release date and pricing information are yet to be released, you can visit the Roland website to learn more about the recorder’s features and specs.