miniMO Is An 8-Bit, Programmable Synth Module
In this video we get a demo of the miniMO synth, an 8-bit programmable synth module built that makes use of the ATtiny85 microcontroller. It is available as a buildable kit, as well as an already-built 3D printed synth for those that want to dive right in.
Given that the user can program the miniMO however they please, the palm-sized synth is incredibly versatile and can be used to create just about any sound there is. You can watch it being used to create noise in the video below.
- ATtiny85 processor with 8K flash, 512 bytes of SRAM and 512 bytes of EEPROM
- Runs at 8MHz (configurable)
- Powered with cell battery or an external source, from 3 up to 5V
- Four configurable external I/O ports
- Programmable via ISP, compatible with Arduino IDE
- Size: 38x40x30.5 mm (assembled)
- RoHS PCB and components/Lead-free solder (when ordered assembled)
- Mounting holes for legs or covers (or a keychain!)v
You can go here to learn more about or purchase the miniMO synth. The kit is currently priced at €14,95 and the assembled unit is priced at €24,95.