Korg Announces New Synthesizer, Digital Piano and More
Korg has officially announced three new products: the Kross2, the Pa700/Pa1000 and the C1 Air digital piano. Below, you can learn more about each of these new products and decide whether they may be right for you.
Korg has enhanced their popular Kross workstation line with the introduction of the Kross2; a pro-level performance keyboard equipped with much anticipated new features and functions.
Kross2 61/88 Features
KROSS 2 61
- 61 keys (velocity sensitive; aftertouch not supported)
- Normally C2 ─ C7(adjustable in the range [C1…C6] ─ [C3…C8]
KROSS 2 88
- 88 keys NH (Natural weighted hammer action) keyboard (no aftertouch)
- Normally A0 ─ C8 (adjustable in the range A-1…C7) ─ [A1…C9])
* The NH keyboard delivers a playing feel similar to that of an acoustic piano, with low notes being heavier and high notes being lighter.
In addition to the Kross2 synthesizer and C1 Air Digital Piano, Korg has also extended their Arranger models with both the PA700 (as well as a PA700 ORT model) and PA1000, allowing for more creative control and overall expression while arranging compositions.
PA700 & PA1000 Features
- 61 keys (C2 – C7) with velocity
- Upgradable operating system, Multitasking, Load while play
- EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis – eXpanded)
- Filters with resonance, 3-band EQ on each Sound
- 128 voices, 128 oscillators
- Accompaniment/Song: 2 insert effects; 2 master effects (148 types)
- Keyboard Sounds: 1 insert effect; 2 master effects (148 types)
- Final mastering effects: Limiter, Master EQ
- Voice Processor: 5 FX, 28 Factory, 64 User Presets
- Guitar Processor: 3 FX, 45 Factory, 64 User Presets
Following the excitement of the recently released G1 Air Digital Piano, the new C1 Air offers a true piano experience for the discerning pianist.
C1 Air Features
- Color Variations: Black (C1 AIR-BK), White (C1 AIR-WH), Brown (C1 AIR-BR, wood finish)
- Keyboard: 88 key (A0–C8), RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- Keyboard Touch Curve Selection: Five types
- Pitch: Transpose, Master tuning
- Temperament: Three types
- Sound Generation: Stereo PCM
- Maximum Polyphony: 120 voices (max)
- Sounds: 30 sounds (10 x 3 banks)
- Effects: Brilliance, Reverb and Chorus (3 levels each)
- Recorder: 2 parts*, Maximum 14,000 notes (approx. 100k bytes) *: It is not available to change the sound per part.
- Demo songs: 50 (Sound demo songs: 10, Piano songs: 40) Metronome: Tempo, beat, sounds, level
You can learn more about the Kross2, the Pa700/Pa1000 and the C1 Air digital piano by visiting Korg’s website.