Inside The New Korg SDD-3000 Digital Delay Plugin From Universal Audio
Among the series of new plugins introduced in Universal Audio’s latest 9.3 software release is the KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay, an emulation of the original SDD-3000 delay unit that is available for UAD and Apollo Platforms.
The original KORG SDD-3000 first gained popularity in the early 80s after being used by U2 guitarist, as well as being heard in a variety of other genres like rock and roll. Describing the plugin, Universal Audio states:
Universal Audio meticulously modeled a vintage “golden unit” KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay, immaculately capturing its famed analog preamp and output section.
Plugin Key Features
- Authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of KORG’s legendary 1980’s SDD-3000 Digital Delay — exclusively for UAD hardware and Apollo interfaces
- Meticulously modeled analog input and output analog preamp sections
- Signature Filter circuit for shaping delay repeats
- Comprehensive Waveform and Modulation section for phaser, flanger, chorusing and doubling effects
- Exclusive plug-in-only features include tempo sync, multiple stereo modes, and rhythmic subdivisions
- Unison technology allows for authentic guitar interaction with Apollo Interfaces
The KORG SDD-3000 Digital Delay plugin is currently priced at $199 USD and you can visit the Universal Audio website to learn more.