Continua Is A Morphable Virtual Analog Synthesizer
Audio Damage has introduced Continua, a virtual analog soft synth with three continuously morphable oscillators, two morphing state-variable filters (morph between LP, HP, BP and notch in 2-pole and 4-pole topologies), a whole host of modulation capabilities and much more.
- Three Flexible Oscillators: Continuously variable morphing waveform, with warp, shape, and skew controls.
- Dual Morphing Filters: Filters can be used in serial or parallel modes, and morph from lowpass through bandpass and highpass to notch in 2-pole and 4-pole configurations.
- Noise Source: Noise source features a “color” control that affects tonal characteristics of the noise.
- ADSR x 2: Continua has two ADSR-style envelope generators, with curve on attack, decay, and release.
- Flexible Envelope Generator (FEG) x 2: The two FEGs are arbitrary function generators, with up to 99 steps, curve and step level control, arbitrary loop points, and host tempo sync.
- Flexible Low-Frequency Oscillator (FLFO) x 4: The four FLFOs utilize four controls (phase, shape, skew, and warp) to access a virtually limitless palette of waveforms, and feature host tempo sync and retrigger.
- Sample And Hold: The S&H mod source can sample noise (random) or any of the other mod sources, at either a user-defined rate or a musical division, and includes built-in smoothing and distance limit (for a “walk” effect).
- Modulation: Every knob in Continua is a mod destination, with a very fast and simple assignment matrix access with a right-click on the knob (double-tap on iOS).
- Tuning Tables And Global Tuning Offset: Re-tune Continua to new intonations and temperaments using the open-source and easy-to-use TUN file format. A global tuning offset (default to A=440) allows you to easily retune the entire synth to match a different A frequency without using a tuning table.
- MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression): Continua understands both “legacy” MIDI and MPE. Use your Linnstrument, Roli Seaboard, Haken Continuum, Madrona Labs Soundplane, or Sensel Morph (among others) to directly access per-note pressure, pitch bend, and modulation.
- Per-Instance Settings: Continua utilizes a per-instance customization method: set MPE mode, aftertouch smoothing, pitch bend range override, tuning table, and global tuning offset for each instance in your DAW, with an option to save any state as your global starting point.
- Factory Presets: Continua comes with a substantial collection of factory content, including Designer Presets from Red Means Recording, Glitch Machines, and Sonalsystem.
- Cross-Platform Preset Format: Continua utilizes an XML-based preset manager. Work between multiple systems without troubles, make a preset on your desktop machine and paste it to the iOS version with Handoff, easily share your creations with your friends, or make a preset bundle to sell.
- Fully Resizable Hi-Dpi/Retina GUI: Continua’s vector-based GUI is resolution-agnostic, and displays the same on every system and resolution. Easily resize the UI (per instance) to match your visual needs, from postage stamp to poster-sized.
Pricing and Availability
Continua, available for Mac, Windows and iPad, is currently priced at $79 and you can visit the Audio Damage website to learn more.