Behringer Announces They Will Be Cloning The Arp 2600
Behringer has announced via Facebook that the company will in fact be releasing a clone of the Arp 2600 – one of the synthesizers included on the original 2017 leak of potential Behringer clones via the Behringer website.
The metal case has just arrived. Isn’t she a beauty? What do you think?
Please remember this is early stage and we’re far from shipping a final product. But we want to share with you what we’re working on. And one day we’ll deliver a 2600 to you. Promise:-)
Behringer 2600 Features
- Legendary analog synthesizer with triple VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “Arp* 2600” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Semi-modular architecture requires no patching for immediate performance
- 3 VCOs, each with LFO mode, FM inputs, and multiple wave-shape outputs for an awe-inspiring palette of tonal possibilities
- Multi-mode VCF with dedicated low-pass output with additional switched high/notch output
- Incredible range of modules including ring modulator, lag processor, sample & hold, Schmitt trigger and envelope follower
- ADSR and AR Envelope generators with switchable time factor
- Realistic digital spring reverb for inspiring sound effects
- Noise Generator with continuously variable colour
- 2 dedicated LFOs with pulse and sine wave outputs
- Switched Post Filter Distortion (PFD) / Inverter option on voltage processor
- Differential (+/-) input VCA with both linear and exponential control inputs
- Additional functions include attenuator, mixer, inverter, slew rate limiter and 4-way multiple for creative patching flexibility
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- 58 Faders and 15 buttons give you hands-on direct and real time access to all parameters
- 83 Patch cable input / outputs for the ultimate in configuration flexibility
- Powerful headphone output with dedicated level control
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Although there is currently no pricing or release date information available, you can follow the Behringer Facebook page to stay up to date with the Behringer 2600’s latest developments.