Audiobus 3 Modularizes Your iOS Music Apps
Audiobus 3 has been released for iOS, and this video provides a comprehensive overview of how the app can be used to combine audio sources from multiple iOS apps and mix this audio together. Something exciting that Audiobus 3 brings to the table is that it really modularizes MIDI flow, allowing multiple apps to use MIDI messages in interesting ways.
- Use your music apps together by passing live audio and MIDI around between them, without the legwork or the PhD.
- Get creative by combining your apps: design your own sound by chaining effects, record and layer performances, sequence your sound generators. Great for live performance, in the studio, or just tinkering.
- Adjust levels and balance for all audio sources to get that perfect mix.
- Control key features of your apps from any other app. Cue playback and recording, change chord or switch patterns or patches: it’s all possible with the Audiobus Connection Panel.
- Save, recall and share your setups with presets: perfect for live performances. Saves your app connections, and the settings for each app that supports Audiobus State Saving.
- More than 900 compatible apps.
The video below provides a rundown of the MIDI functionality within Audiobus 3.
Audiobus 3 is available in the App Store for just $9.99, an excellent price in our opinion considering the features it provides. It also is compatible with over 900 apps including Garageband and Cubasis, and you can go here to view the full list of compatible apps.