Apple Has Updated Logic Pro X To 10.3.1
Apple has released a new update for Logic Pro X, 10.3.1, providing a fix to several bugs in the previous version. What was happening was that regions would do all kinds of weird stuff when moved around, occasionally causing Logic to shut down.
There are of course other feature additions as well, most of which are small but will improve overall workflow. We’ll list a few of these below.
- The interface is now more responsive when time-stretching an audio region by Option-dragging its left corner.
- Disabling Region Solo with a key command while the Project Audio window is open no longer takes several seconds.
- Performance is improved in the Project File Browser in large projects.
- The timing of playback, and the position of the playhead are now consistently maintained when trimming the length of audio regions.
- Logic Pro remains responsive when time stretching Apple Loops while Varispeed is enabled.
- The first Undo performed during playback no longer causes a small hiccup in playback.
- Tracks added using the Share to GarageBand for iOS feature now playback correctly in cases where the sample rate for the Logic Project is not 44.1 kHz.
- Regions on the inactive Track Alternative created by a Duplicate Alternative command are now deselected to keep them from being unintentionally deleted.
- When an inactive Track Alternative is promoted to active, the pre-listen buttons on other tracks that are members of the same group are now clear as expected.
- Deleting an inactive Track Alternative no longer causes the selected track to shift to Track 1.
- Track Alternatives can now be created for Guitar/Bass tracks.
- Global edits that cut or insert time are now also applied to inactive Track Alternatives.
You can go here to learn more details about 10.3.1.
We’ve got a MASCHINE JAM to give away to one very lucky ADSR reader.