Ableton Releases Iota, Max for Live Granular Looper
Ableton, alongside artist and programmer Dillon Bastan, has released Iota, a sample-based granular looper and processor, available as a Max For Live (M4L) device, that allows you to turn any sample into a granular looping engine with drag and drop functionality.
Bastan, describing Iota, states:
It features a spectrogram of a sample in which you can draw individual loops or voices for playback. […] Loops can either playback simultaneously or be triggered individually by MIDI note messages.
- Granular synthesis made easy
- Innovative graphical loop editor
- Trigger loops from Push or any MIDI controller keyboard
- Record and playback parameter and loop range changes within Iota
- Turn any sample into a continuously evolving soundscape