Maschine 2.6 Update : New Features Overview
The Maschine 2.6 update brings a new major feature – the ability to send MIDI CC from MASCHINE to control external hardware with Macros.
Several formerly JAM only features have made the jump to the 4×4 controllers. Variation brings the Humanize and Randomize functionality to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE MKII and MASCHINE MIKRO.
Lock Mode, Snapshots and Snapshot Morphing are now available on the MASCHINE STUDIO and MKII. Lock mode is not available for MASCHINE MIKRO in this update.
JAM users can now edit note length/pitch and apply step modulation with the controller. In addition, JAM users can now set Note Velocity and copy Patterns between Groups.
All users will see new behavior with Sounds and Scale settings. Sounds that have changed Scale settings will maintain last used Scale settings when recalling.
In this ADSR First Look for Maschine, ADSR Instructor Stephen Ellestad walks through the key feature updates new in Maschine 2.6 and gives an overview of new features and functions. He explains the basics of Macro MIDI CC control, Lock Mode and Snapshots, Variation Mode, Step Modulation and Note Editing on JAM controller.
Maschine 2.6 Update Key Features
• MIDI CC: use MASCHINE’s Macros to send MIDI CCs to your favorite hardware
• Note Editing for MASCHINE JAM
• Step Modulation for MASCHINE JAM
• Variation (SHIFT + PATTERN) for MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE and MASCHINE MIKRO
• Lock for MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE
• Default Scale: Persistent Scale Settings per Sound
• Copy Patterns between Groups for MASCHINE JAM