Make PsyTrance With Massive – Create complex and beautiful Psy Trance sounds in under an hour
Having the opportunity to see someone else’s workflow in song creation can be priceless!
In this 4 part mini series, we see how to make various Psy Trance sounds in NI Massive.
In this 4 part micro course, our resident expert Jonny walks you through the steps of designing a great Psy Trance style bass synth, creating flexible FX loops, using a mix of Performers and Steppers to create incredibly complex and beautiful Psy Trance synth sequences and finally a lush pad which can be used in many ways.
Create The kind of sounds that Psy Trance fans eat up!
The Bass and EFX Loops
Videos 1 and 2 of this mini series on Psy Trance in Massive focus on designing a sequenced bass and an efx loop which can be tweaked out to fit any track.
- Create a unique and complex sequenced bass pattern
- Using macro controls to make an extremely versatile sound
- Experiment with long, evolving sequences
- Change the way you approach sound design forever with modulation
- Take the hard work out of midi programming with Massive
- Create patches you can use again and again with some simple tweaks
- Create your own custom loops with performer
- Secret tips and tricks to help raise your game!
Synth Sequencing And Pad Design
In videos 3 and 4 we’re going to take a look at creating an incredibly complex yet beautiful trance synth and then creating a complimentary lush pad.
- How to select the right wavetable and which mode to use
- Using Band Pass filters and comb filters
- Using Vibrato to add movement and interest to lead sounds
- Using modulation creatively in sound design
- The importance of voicing
- Providing more depth with the Wavetable Position
Micro Series for Massive
Massive’s strength is the incredible variety of tools at your disposal to bend, shape and sculpt sound.
As in many things in life, Massive’s strength is also its weakness.
There are almost TOO MANY choices in Massive. Even experienced producers can get stuck deciding which path to take…
That’s why our Massive micro courses are so valuable. In under an hour you’ll learn the building blocks of Psy Trance in Massive.
We enlisted the help of ace sound designer Jonny Strinati to teach this course.
Jonny is a veteran sound designer with experience producing sample libraries like “Tech House Sessions and “Deep House: NI Massive,” both of which hit #4 in the sales charts at major sample sites.
His original productions have been showcased or licensed by major players like Sony Playstation, MTV, Ministry of Sound and BBC Radio 1.
In other words, you are in the hands of a pro.
And this Psy Trance In Massive has been yet another great series by Jonny Strinati, who always delivers clear and concise lessons that are easily understood regardless of experience level with synthesis. Jump into this lesson now and improve your music today!