How to create bass using modulation sources, routing, oscillators, along with filters and sound effects
Having the opportunity to see someone else’s workflow in song creation can be priceless!
In this course you will learn to create an array of bass sounds and patterns to drive your music production to the next level.
Including full tuition on how to create bass using modulation sources, modulation routing and oscillators, along with filters and sound effects. Plus, you will also learn to use macro controls and MIDI automation set-ups. We also delve in to layered bass sounds and creating bass patterns.
Create that warm and deep bottom end on your bass sounds
Create bass lines for different music genre’s
- These comprehensive tutorial videos cover several different music genre’s including dub-step, progressive and psy-trance.
- Using Lennar Digital’s Sylenth 1 to create these bass sounds, we show you how to utilise the oscillators, filters, envelopes and modulation capabilities of this great synth. This includes demonstrating how to use a second oscillator to create that warm and deep bottom end on your bass sound.
Create interesting bass line patterns
- Giving you lots of tips on pattern creation and providing you with approximately 50 pre-programmed MIDI bass line patterns for you to study and use.
Hi, I’m Mark, also known as SoundMagus.
So why did I create SoundMagus Music Production Videos?
Simple. Because I love music, I love making music and I wouldn’t be happy doing anything else. I’ve been part of the electronic music scene for as long as I can remember, and it’s given me so much. SoundMagus Music Production Videos is my opportunity to give something back – namely affordable, high-quality video tutorials designed to enhance your creativity, musicality and technicality – no matter what your starting point.
In a nutshell, I want to help people create the music they love, their way – without having to put up with that irritating elitism that exists within some electronic dance genres. The result – great quality music with real depth; music that can be shared and enjoyed amongst our whole online community for years to come.
Which key/scale works best for your baseline?
- In this section we show you some very useful techniques, especially if you have minimal knowledge of music theory or are just starting out.
- There is also a section showing you how to move/modulate between two different keys/scales.
- We have also included a segment on how to use a spectrum analyser to help ‘glue’ your kick and bass to the correct frequencies, so they jell together in your track.
How to use EQ and compression on your bass
- These videos will teach you how to layer bass in two different ways, using high, mid and sub bass.
- First we take you through the creation of a layered bass structure using three different bass sounds.
- The second technique utilises the primary method (layering three sounds) but with the same bass sound being used each time instead of three different ones.
- We have also included full video instruction on how to EQ and compress your layered bass sounds.
As well as developing and managing SoundMagus Music Production Videos, I work on a number of my own Psy Trance projects. I also professionally master albums for LUA Records and will soon be releasing some tracks on MoonQuest Records’ up-and-coming album.
All the best, Mark.