NI Massive 1.3 – how to convert .ksd to .nmsv
NI recently released NI Massive v1.3, which introduces a new file format for Massive sounds, the .nmsv format – people have been asking how to convert the old .ksd file format to the new .nmsv format. Here is the answer…
Actually it’s very simple – if you have hundreds of sounds you can batch convert the sounds.
Simply click ‘file’ and then ‘ksd batch convert’
IT will also keep all your .ksd files for you.
Remember though, you won’t be able to make .ksd files again – so sound designers and those who sell patch think twice before upgrading to NI Massive 1.3
What are your thoughts on the new format and upgrade – enjoying it ? Leave a comment!
Other changes with 1.3 Massive
- New preset browser with 4 columns: Bankname, Type, Subtype, Mode
- Changed preset file format – files are now called .nmsv
- Batch file conversion from .ksd to .nmsv added to File menu
- Import option for single .ksd files added to File menu
- File open/save only works with .nmsv files files from now
- Plugin states will be recalled in host, but saved in new format
=> reopening projects saved with Massive 1.3 will require 1.3 or higher
- Default location of User presets moved to
- The following products are now part of the Massive factory content:
* Massive Expansion Vol.1
* Massive Expansion Vol.2
* Urban Arsenal 1
* Urban Arsenal 2
* Massive Threat